K9 Force In Queensland

Set up a workshop in Victoria for early 2010

Set up a workshop at our facility here in Kurrajong in early 2010.

I am happy to hear from anyone in Vic who would like to attend a workshop & what you would like covered, then I can see what we can do...

I would love a workshop in Victoria. Just let me know where and when!

Some topics I would be interested in would be-

Training in Drive (again, can never go over it enough :cry: )

e-collars

how to keep a dogs focus (bloody excitable GSD's)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, are you allowed to bring naughty dogs? Like ones that dont listen when there are distractions and all they want to do is drag you all over the place to play with other dogs? Everyone else's dogs sound very well behaved.

Does everyone that's going already know each other?

So, are you allowed to bring naughty dogs? Like ones that dont listen when there are distractions and all they want to do is drag you all over the place to play with other dogs? Everyone else's dogs sound very well behaved.

Don't worry, I'm bringing the Evil Beagle, I can assure you she is not very well behaved :laugh: She'll probably sit in her crate whinging the entire time :rofl: Obviously though you should be able to have effective control of them - there will be a lot of time where the dogs aren't doing much, so if you have a crate it's worthwhile bringing one.

Last year K9's workshop was largely on aggression, we had a lot of dogs there with aggression problems, it is definitely not restricted to dogs who are only well behaved! :doh:

Some of us know each other, but it's always fun to meet new DOLers! :eek:

I have just emailed to see if there is a spot available for me :D So hopefully I am coming to, I am nervous now :love:

What are you nervous about? I can't wait, it's going to be great fun :heart:

Edited by huski

W: So, are you allowed to bring naughty dogs? Like ones that dont listen when there are distractions and all they want to do is drag you all over the place to play with other dogs? Everyone else's dogs sound very well behaved.

K9: Please do, they are our best successes!

S: I have just emailed to see if there is a spot available for me :heart: So hopefully I am coming to, I am nervous now

K9: There are a couple of places left, so I think you should be fine, I think it will sell out today though.

Don't worry, I'm bringing the Evil Beagle, I can assure you she is not very well behaved :heart:

She'll probably sit in her crate whinging the entire time :laugh:

Last year K9's workshop was largely on aggression, we had a lot of dogs there with aggression problems, it is definitely not restricted to dogs who are only well behaved! :doh:

Some of us know each other, but it's always fun to meet new DOLers! :eek:

I have just emailed to see if there is a spot available for me :D So hopefully I am coming to, I am nervous now :love:

What are you nervous about?

You know what I dont know :rofl: Littleman is pretty well trained but some of the people going will be in such a higher league than us, perhaps intimidated would have been better.

You know what I dont know :heart: Littleman is pretty well trained but some of the people going will be in such a higher league than us, perhaps intimidated would have been better.

I guarantee you, you have nothing to worry about! :doh: He's probably better behaved than Daisy :laugh:

At last year's workshop I bought Micha along. He's an angel and will sit in his crate without a single peep for hours, not a problem from him (even though he doesn't like other dogs).

Daisy is more advanced when it comes to obedience and drive work compared to Micha, but she's naughty, and being a typical beagle can also be vocal. She loves her crate but sometimes barks to let everyone know she's in there :love: So bring ear plugs she's probably going to 'wooo wooo woooo' Camp Tailwaggers down :rofl::eek:

Edited by huski

W: So, are you allowed to bring naughty dogs? Like ones that dont listen when there are distractions and all they want to do is drag you all over the place to play with other dogs? Everyone else's dogs sound very well behaved.

S: I have just emailed to see if there is a spot available for me :laugh: So hopefully I am coming to, I am nervous now

K9: There are a couple of places left, so I think you should be fine, I think it will sell out today though.

Ok well reading that bit makes me feel better :heart:

Is it ok to bring noisy dogs? Littleman can be somewhat vocal.....

You know what I dont know :heart: Littleman is pretty well trained but some of the people going will be in such a higher league than us, perhaps intimidated would have been better.

I guarantee you, you have nothing to worry about! :love: He's probably better behaved than Daisy :laugh:

:eek: So maybe we can just occupy the naughty corner :rofl:

Don't worry WildatHeart, Daisy loves the sound of her own voice :heart:

A wire crate would be fine! :laugh: They aren't compulsory but I find they are really useful for things like training workshops where the dogs will have to sit around for a while.

S: I have just emailed to see if there is a spot available for me :thumbsup: So hopefully I am coming to, I am nervous now

I've just sent an email off - hope I'm not too late!

You know what I dont know :) Littleman is pretty well trained but some of the people going will be in such a higher league than us, perhaps intimidated would have been better.

I guarantee you, you have nothing to worry about! :happydance: He's probably better behaved than Daisy :happydance2:

I can guarantee he'll be better behaved than Bakari if I come - especially if Daisy is there :cheers:

I have just booked and cant wait to go, I will be bringing Oscar the only one of my dogs that is not dog friendly. Hopefully I can learn somthing that will fix that problem. I have also booked for lunch.

Is that the gorgeous Poodle in your sig, Mish?

I have just booked and cant wait to go, I will be bringing Oscar the only one of my dogs that is not dog friendly. Hopefully I can learn somthing that will fix that problem. I have also booked for lunch.

Is that the gorgeous Poodle in your sig, Mish?

Yes thats him in the bottom right hand corner, his coat is not as nice now he has a skin condition and his top not is dropping off.

I cant wait till the 20th I am so excited.

Yay Yay Yay! Spotty and I are coming :(

Uh oh, this is going to be another one of those chatty workshops... :)

'specially if BC4ME comes along - she's a trouble maker that one! ;) LOL

At this rate I'm going to have the best behaved dog there seeing as you all think your dogs are naughty!

H: Uh oh, this is going to be another one of those chatty workshops... ;)

K9: Ease up, you wil end up in MY Naughty corner...

S: 'specially if BC4ME comes along - she's a trouble maker that one! :( LOL

K9: careful teasing BC4ME, she has no mercy, just look how she names her dogs.... lol..

S: At this rate I'm going to have the best behaved dog there seeing as you all think your dogs are naughty!

K9: Oh? did I mention I am bringing one of MY dogs?

post-1129-1253080533_thumb.jpg

Yay Yay Yay! Spotty and I are coming :(

Uh oh, this is going to be another one of those chatty workshops... :mad

'specially if BC4ME comes along - she's a trouble maker that one! :) LOL

At this rate I'm going to have the best behaved dog there seeing as you all think your dogs are naughty!

Ella couldn't possibly be anything but well behaved :D :p

I really don't think Daisy has much competition for The Naughtiest Dog Ever, after all it was her that stole two Krispy Kreme donuts straight out of the box at a DOL meet not that long ago :) And as Steve will tell you, she really does love the sound of her own voice ;) :rofl:

Although I agree - we must watch out for that BC4ME, she is most definitely a trouble maker :) She'll be leading us all astray :p

ETA: Crap, Steve is bringing one of his dogs... now we're all in trouble :o

Edited by huski