When Do You Change A Medium Breed Pup To Adult Food?

Norskgra

Our dogs are normally fed raw but pups are fed dry for breakfast and raw for dinner. Our 7 month old girl needs to put some weight on. She takes after her parents and is lean. I have bought some Artemis Osopure Power for the adults that need to put on weight to feed when we are travelling. The pup normally has Artemis Freshmix Small to Medium Breed Puppy. I was wondering if she is too young to feed the Osopure power to or maybe giving her half puppy and half power.

Is seven months too young to change a medium breed puppy to adult power dry?

Artemis Osopure Power

Osopure Power Formula is formulated for dogs that require a higher protein / fat diet due to the following:

Sporting/Competition/Show dogs

Promotion of greater body muscle mass

Higher Metabolism

Dull Coat and Skin

Finicky Eating Habit

Pregnant & Nursing Females

Post Surgery

30% protein 20% fat.

The exclusion of corn in this diet is a welcome change to the traditional "performance" diets.

Product Information

Ingredients

Chicken, Chicken Meal, Cracked Pearled Barley, White Rice, Rice Bran, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Tomato Pomace, Flaxseed, Brewers Yeast, Natural Chicken Flavor, Ocean Fish Meal, Methionine,Choline Chloride, Dried Chicory Root, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Green Tea Extract, Barley Grass Extract, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein. min 30% Crude Fat, min 20% Crude Fibre, max 3% Moisture, max 10% Vitamin E, min 300IU/kg Omega-6 Fatty Acids, min 3.00% Omega-3 Fatty Acids, min 0.5% Glucosamine min 300mg/kg Chondroitin Sulphate min 100mg/kg

Calorie Contents Calculated ME-3900kcal/kg 387kcal/Cup (250ml) Calculated on an as-fed basis.

My last puppy's breeder told me the time to change was when the puppy wouldn't eat the puppyfood anymore. And sure enough, there came a time when he just wouldn't eat puppyfood. Clever boy.

That sounds about right. She will still eat the puppy food but we have tried her on some adult over the last few days and she does a face plant into it and can't eat it fast enough. She will also growl at any of the other dogs that come near her when she has some adult dry but doesn't with the puppy dry.