Bad Breath

smooch

Over the last week Smooch has developed bad breath which appears to be coming from his stomach. He had a vet check about 3 weeks ago, worming, vac. teeth etc are all up date. I cook his meals, chicken, vegies, Phyllium Husk and half a raw turkey neck. He suffered a spinal stroke (can't remember the proper name) about two years ago and since that he does have problems when doing poo, he starts and than has to run around for it all to fall out. Mostly only poos when he gets excited.

I am going to start him on Yogurt tonight, he won't eat commercial dog food.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried him on a natural, raw diet of bones, meat & offal? Cooking the food destroys the enzymes they need, I think to digest the food & other things I can't remember. www.rawmeatybones.com

Edited by luvsdogs

Thanks all.

Tomas - That was my line of thinking as well with the yoghurt. Will try the capsules and see how we go.

Yeah ,Though I never find yoghurt to have enough good stuff in it. Plus humans are the only animals to eat dairy after weaning,so not terribly species appropriate IMO :laugh:

I always give my 5 boys probiotics after worming I double it for a few days as that kills all the good and bad bacteria they need to stay healthy.