Litters Due In December 2009

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are things chopperlodge & partipaws???? Looking forward to hearing about your new puppies.

Congrats Rascal on such cute little bubs!

Leanne, that must have been very stressful for Scarlet & even more so for you. Hope she recovers well.

My bubs are doing well, although it is hot here and keeping them cool is proving a task, keeping mum cool as well. When I let her out for a toilet break yesterday, she went straight to the tank, where a leak has caused a nice mud puddle that the dogs love to hop in, so she has had to have a few hose off's before coming back in. She doesn't mind at all, very inconvenient though, because I have to dry her off really well before putting her in with pups.

It does help keep her cool though!

We had a another bout of crying pups (on & off - not constant) for a couple of hours yesterday. I am pretty sure it is the heat, they are all putting on weight, so don't think it is anything serious, I have just never experienced that before. At night they are much more settled because it is cooler I think.

Good luck on your whelping guys, hope all goes well.

looks like we might be going for a visit to the vet, still no change

Best of luck Dhana

sounds like your girl is doing the same as Scarlet, she kept me up all night panting, then started pushing in the morning but nothing was happening, her pups where to big to move down.

Leanne

Scarlets pups 3 days old

this is the noisies pups I have ever had, they all like to pile in the corner, whinge because someone else is there and then whinge again cause they get stuck :o

104_6549.jpg

All 5 (girl,boy,girl,girl,boy)

pups3daysold.jpg

boy1

boy1-3days1.jpg

boy2

boy2-3days1.jpg

girl1

girl1-3days1.jpg

girl2

girl2-3days1.jpg

girl3

girl3-3days1.jpg

Leanne

what lovely fat ' n' happy babies Leanne, just gorgeous...

NEWS!!!!!

Indy is the proud mummy of 5 girls (3 white & 2 coloured) and 2 boys (1white & 1 coloured)

C-section done this morning, she was dialated but decided she wasn't going to push come hell or high water :o

Mum and babies are all doing really well & will try and get a pic later..

Partipaws....how is your girl doin????

Edited by Chopperlodge

Congratulations Chopperlodge, glad she is ok, even though a Csection was necessay. You must be very relieved.

Leanne, Scarlets babies are huge and look like they are doing very well indeed. My litter is a noisy one as well, I don't remember my other litters being this noisy! They are all putting on weight, some 125g in 24 hours, others about 50g.

Partipaws, how is your girl going?

sorry everyone!!

was a long night - no straining as such just anxious, panting and digging all night long - so stayed up with her to watch for first signs of proper straining and contractions!

She settle for a sleep on and off, but come 7:30am she began contractions - well contractions that I could clearly see, as she just wouldn't sit still for me to be able to see the minor contractions which I am sure were there.

Contractions got harder and closer together - all this time she was fine in herself and puppies were moving around still - she never looked worried - water bag came through about 10:00am followed by some straining and then she went to sleep !!!!!! no more contractions for about 30 mins so rang the vet and they said give it a little longer, at that point she did have some small contractions so I waited, she again never seemed worried, I spoke to a few breeders who were on call for me and my friend who is a vet nurse....finally time just kept passing by, no contractions or nothing of the extent to get puppy moving, lastly I examined her to see if pup could be felt passed her pelvis - nope - I think its time to assume she needs help. I wondered if she had early stages of Uterine Enertia (spelling??) as well, so we took her to the vet, time was passing by with out any progress and the water bag had been there for a good hour to hour and a half - but during this time had the vet on speaker phone, my partner on mobile to breeders..... all came to the decision its time to intervene!

C-section was performed just an hour or so ago, they tried giving her some oxytocin and calcium, nothing further so c-section it was!

My poor little girl! :rofl:

I have not picked my girl up yet, so only know that there were 3 happy healthy pups so far and mum is doing well also - no idea of sex and colour so I suppose it will be a surprise when I pick them all up!

what lovely fat ' n' happy babies Leanne, just gorgeous...

NEWS!!!!!

Indy is the proud mummy of 5 girls (3 white & 2 coloured) and 2 boys (1white & 1 coloured)

C-section done this morning, she was dialated but decided she wasn't going to push come hell or high water :rofl:

Mum and babies are all doing really well & will try and get a pic later..

Partipaws....how is your girl doin????

wow chopperlodge, it seems you and I were going through the same scenario from start to finish - you and I need to get together and have a good drink of something strong to knock us out after that effort - lol

sorry to hear things did not go as well for you and your girl either! I am glad to hear that you have a good outcome though - so although not such a good start, you have a wonderful finish - happy mum and a lovely litter of pups on the ground - when you are up to it I would love to see pics of them all!!!

all the best with mum and babies!

jess

Oh bloody hell Partipaws, we have been through hell and back with these girls of ours.

At least the outcome for both has been healthy babies and healthy mummies..

My day started so verrry sad with the passing of my foal this morning, but Indy has

given me a bit of a pick-me-up with the arrival of her babies, and she is just so proud of them all

which is a blessing...

Photos will eventually be taken, not sure if it will be tonight or tomorrow, but will get some up..

CONGRATS again Jess,

Thank you shellbyville - its been a worrying experience so far - now I am waiting anxiously as i have just got a phone call saying my girl is not doing as good!! She is on fluids at the moment - don't know what is wrong with her as my partner took the call - she never seemed at all stressed or anything during the labor, so I am wondering if she is not coping too well from the op! :rofl: they want to keep her a few more hours to make sure she is ok!!!

So the wait and worry is not over for me yet - but I guess she is in the best possible care right now.

Chopperlodge I am very sorry to hear about your foal passing away - I know you put a lot of time and effort into trying to save him/her! I am really sad to hear your efforts did not pay off!! sorry again.

Partipaws I really hope you hear good news about your girl very soon. Maybe she just needs a little more time to recover. Some take longer to recover from anaesthesia than others. She is definitely where she should be though! Thoughts are with you.

Chopperlodge, I can empathise about your losing your foal. A few years ago, I had a foal that was only days old and had to have surgery and after doing everything we could for him, he didn't make it, so totally understand how devastated you must be feeling now! The puppies will definitely keep you very busy though and give you something positive to focus on.

Just picked up Mum and pups - turns out she was just taking a while to wake up so they were worried and kept her a little longer - got me so worried but she is doing well - little groggy but she seems to be coping fine!

Puppies have had a feed and are settling ok....

Now for the details

3 boys born today the 6th of December - 1 orange and white parti, 2 dark sable parti's - I think, colour is like a dark choc sable, but do not think they are??

will get photos soon!

jess

That's fantastic that she is now home, and with her 3 little men...

Those colours sound very nice, can't wait to see the pics.

I can understand the ''groggy'', Indy still hasn't moved but then again she does look quite comfortable :D

Edited by Chopperlodge