Litters Due In December 2009

Bilbo Baggins

Well, was doing the daily bed change this morning, and was able to get these quick pics

while Indy was out having a ''toilet break'', then got 1 when she came back(which I might add was

really quick, she does not leave the babies for very long at all)

10-12-092.jpg

SDC10450.jpg

10-12-091.jpg

It is easy to see my wee little girl, and how much difference there is in size.

(she is the one with a tiny bit of black on her ear and in the pic with Indy, she is right at the end between her back legs)

Edited by Chopperlodge

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow she is small in comparison!!!

but hopefully she is a fighter! and will start gaining weight and growing!! she is cute though!!!

How interesting is the dark pup with the white patch on his lower back - I like the look of that one! very groovy markings! you could have fun working out names for him/her!

Edited by Partipaws

Well we had Daisy's Xray today and although not as clear as Boots we can see 5 babies and the vet thinks he can see 2 more that may be puppies.

Between the 2 girls I am going to have a very busy Xmas :D

Happy to post her xray if anyone wants to see it.

;) i think you are going to be very busy...

would love to see the xray :)

good luck with the girls... Boots should be huffing and puffing soon. :heart:

I've never done the temperature thing before but decided I would try this time. Can anyone tell me what it is meant to drop to 12-24hrs before? These are her temps from the last few days.

3/12/2009 8.00pm 37.4

4/12/2009 8.00am 36.7

8.00pm 37.2

5/12/2009 8.00am 37.1

8.00pm 37.4

6/12/2009 8.00am 37.4

8.00pm 37.4

7/12/2009 8.00am 37.2

8.00pm 36.4

8/12/2009 8.00am 37.3

8.00pm 36.9

9/12/2009 8.00am 35.4

1.00pm 37.4

8.00pm 37.4

10/12/2009 8.00am 36.0

8.00pm 35.8

Scarlet is finally home ;)

This has been one of the longest days of my life.

Vet said that her skin etc just wasn't healing together so he scraped it all so its all fresh and put enough stitches in her to make a suit :D fingers crossed it works this time, so far there is no leak :)

Scarlet is happy to be back in with her babies and her babies are so happy to have their mum back.

Storm did a fantastic job today maintaining them but now they all have very full bellies and have snuggled into Scarlet.

Thanks all for your support today, over tired and stress is not a good mix :heart:

Leanne

Scarlet is finally home :crazy:

Vet said that her skin etc just wasn't healing together so he scraped it all so its all fresh and put enough stitches in her to make a suit :eek: fingers crossed it works this time, so far there is no leak :heart:

Scarlet is happy to be back in with her babies and her babies are so happy to have their mum back.

Storm did a fantastic job today maintaining them but now they all have very full bellies and have snuggled into Scarlet.

Thanks all for your support today, over tired and stress is not a good mix ;)

Leanne

:heart: That's fantastic news, and sending ''healing'' vibes your way for Scarlet.

I think Storm deserves something yummy for her efforts too :whee: what a good girl she was for you today.

Leanne, hope you are feeling a little less stressed now, I know it can all get a little bit overwhelming

but you made it through the day and now your girl is back home with her babies, so all has worked out.

Now you just need to get some well earned rest, even if it means catching a power nap here and there,(they really do work a treat :o )

but hopefully she is a fighter! and will start gaining weight and growing!! she is cute though!!!

How interesting is the dark pup with the white patch on his lower back - I like the look of that one! very groovy markings! you could have fun working out names for him/her!

Yeah, she is very petite...and quite the favourite with the kids.

That pup is one of the males, and is very interesting. I was stoked when I had 5 females, but everytime I

look at them, I keep getting drawn to that coloured male. Looks like I may end up keeping a couple :heart:

So glad to hear Scarlet is home and doing well.

Yarrowfell, when is your girl due? Normally the drop of 1 degree means puppies withing 12-24hrs and I have found it very reliable. the temp does vary from morning to night but with some of your temps I would have expected puppies on the 7th. Having said that she may be naturally low which some of them are in the last week

I've never done the temperature thing before but decided I would try this time. Can anyone tell me what it is meant to drop to 12-24hrs before? These are her temps from the last few days.

3/12/2009 8.00pm 37.4

4/12/2009 8.00am 36.7

8.00pm 37.2

5/12/2009 8.00am 37.1

8.00pm 37.4

6/12/2009 8.00am 37.4

8.00pm 37.4

7/12/2009 8.00am 37.2

8.00pm 36.4

8/12/2009 8.00am 37.3

8.00pm 36.9

9/12/2009 8.00am 35.4

1.00pm 37.4

8.00pm 37.4

10/12/2009 8.00am 36.0

8.00pm 35.8

going by these temp readings, I would have assumed that she would have had them not long after the reading on the 9th of 35.4......

She certainly hasn't been reading any books :heart:

Good luck and hope she decides to swing into gear for you soon

everyone said that about my girl - she was all over the place too - one day she drop to 36.4 then she go up to 37.4 and then down and up and down - I just gave up - a few breeders told me not to bother as some time temp does not always work??? One breeder metioned to watch her pee puddles....so I just did that, I ended up just watching my girls urinating patterns, when they became more frequent and noticed the pee puddles getting smaller and smaller I knew it was time - she also began panting too....

just a little bit of my experience with this litter and temp monitoring!!! did not work for me at all - mind you my girl went against most things, she even ate a big meal just before she went into labor - what works for some does not always work for others I suppose?

Scarlet is finally home :heart:

Vet said that her skin etc just wasn't healing together so he scraped it all so its all fresh and put enough stitches in her to make a suit :crazy: fingers crossed it works this time, so far there is no leak :heart:

Thanks all for your support today, over tired and stress is not a good mix :eek:

Leanne

I was just about to go to bed - but came on here to see what news of Scarlet!!

I will sleep better now knowing she is home and all is looking promising!!

all the best and good news to hear she is home with her babies!

jess :o

Yeah, she is very petite...and quite the favourite with the kids.

That pup is one of the males, and is very interesting. I was stoked when I had 5 females, but everytime I

look at them, I keep getting drawn to that coloured male. Looks like I may end up keeping a couple :heart:

yah I do like him - he looks lovely - I am sure he will look nice among my lot - parti poms and a parti bully!! lol :heart:

oh well, I guess you have some time to decide - a girl to retain would be equally nice - but maybe he will be nice to show with those sort of eye catching markings! you should call him tattoo, with a registered name with tattoo in it!!! sorry I love thinking up names :crazy:

Yarrowfell, when is your girl due? Normally the drop of 1 degree means puppies withing 12-24hrs and I have found it very reliable. the temp does vary from morning to night but with some of your temps I would have expected puppies on the 7th. Having said that she may be naturally low which some of them are in the last week

She is due today (11th) which is 63 days from the 1st mating. Current temp 36.6

My girl is day 59 from 1st mating. Have had one indicator of stage one, the mucus discharge, this was 36 hours ago. So I'm expecting we'll have bubba's by Monday :eek:

She is due today (11th) which is 63 days from the 1st mating. Current temp 36.6

Good luck

It actually isn't unusual to have a couple of temp drops and "false alarms". Unlike humans, animals have the ability to control their labour and can put it off if something isn't quite to their liking.

I've had girls (including recently with Vanni) drop temps a couple of times, putting me on alert for the next 12 - 24 hours and then continue on as if nothing has happened, only to have another BIGGER drop a couple of days later and finally let go! That's another reason they're called bitches! :eek:

The average temp drop is a degree (or more) but this is based upon the median temperature. So if your bitch is normally around the 37.5 mark during pregnancy, you'd expect a temp of 36.5 or lower to signal the onset of labour.

If your bitch is prone to having temps of 36.5 or lower, then obviously the whelping drop is lower again. That's why it is a good idea to temp (and chart) at least a week prior to the due date to give you a better idea of what is normal for your girls.

And partipaws....don't average the temps. Everything is based on ACTUAL temps, not averaged ones which can actually be quite different and misleading.