Litters Due In December 2009

Bilbo Baggins

Chilli and Sterling are please to announce the pending arrival (confirmed by x-ray) of 5 puppies with a very slight possibility of a small shadow being a 6th.

She is due Thursday next week

All the best with it all - may you have a safe delivery of puppies!

Don't know where the whelping fairy is - she missed both Chopperlodge and I on saturday night and Sunday???

The whelping fairy was pretty busy earlier in the week Wed/Thur, so maybe she had a few days off. Hopefully for everyone expecting litters soon, she is well rested and back on task. LOL :D

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone........apologies for being absent for so long.

The new litter of pups has been very time consuming with around the clock care, so I have not had the time to come to DOL.

I will catch up on missed posts as soon as my life has some normality back to it.

But for now here is a link to some photos of the pups.

Hope you like.

Our Current Litter

Hmm looks suspicously like my kelpie litter haha nice bubbas ! :D

Chilli and Sterling are please to announce the pending arrival (confirmed by x-ray) of 5 puppies with a very slight possibility of a small shadow being a 6th.

She is due Thursday next week

All the best with it all - may you have a safe delivery of puppies!

Don't know where the whelping fairy is - she missed both Chopperlodge and I on saturday night and Sunday???

The whelping fairy was pretty busy earlier in the week Wed/Thur, so maybe she had a few days off. Hopefully for everyone expecting litters soon, she is well rested and back on task. LOL :o

lol - well had things not gone as good I would be writing a complaint to her boss - But seeing as though everything is going fine I feel more then content with everything - Hopefully she wont miss us next time :) I will pre-book if I have to :laugh:

wishing everyone all the best with their coming litters!

The whelping fairy was pretty busy earlier in the week Wed/Thur, so maybe she had a few days off.

Hasn't she heard of overtime??? :laugh::):)

I'm with you Jess, all turned out well in the end...

Ozstar......your babies are just gorgeous, and they are sooooooo big, Scarlet is doing a wonderful job...

Cowanbree.....all the best for your impending arrivals & of course Congrats.

Well, Indy has settled into the role of MUM fantastically, toileting them with precision :o and just loves 'em.

The wee little girl is back with them all and going great, she has put on 30g in the last 24hours.

All the others have increased as well and they never mutter a sound, they are all very contented babies (even in this heat).

Will try and get some photos, they will have to be group pics as Indy doesn't leave their side for very long which makes individual shots impossible.

I was just changing Scarlets dressing inside her sling and some of her insides have fallen out :laugh:

I tried to poke it back in but it is to much so looks like she is off to the vets again first thing in the morning.

You would think that after a week she would of healed up pretty well :o:)

Leanne

I was just changing Scarlets dressing inside her sling and some of her insides have fallen out :thumbsup:

I tried to poke it back in but it is to much so looks like she is off to the vets again first thing in the morning.

You would think that after a week she would of healed up pretty well :thumbsup::laugh:

Leanne

:thumbsup: OMG,

I would have thought that it would have been all but healed too, poor Scarlet

I've only had 1 girl that the stitches burst cause the vet wasn't ''up to speed'' with the fact that bullies

are a little bit different and really need some heavy duty sewing cause they just don't

take alot of notice of the fact they have had surgery..... since then they have been all fine which is

probably a good thing as if that happened to me I would have turned a little on the green side I think...

oh dear - that is not sounding nice at all - I would have freaked completely!!

I hope they do all they can this time to prevent anything else like this happening and to prevent further damage and infection!!

I really feel for you - that is so scary!

Are they having to put her under and stitching everything - including the internal ones?? maybe they have broken free putting more pressure on the exterior ones????

I hope everything works out from now on wards - your poor girl!!!!!

Let us know how you and your girl is going? thinking of you during this time!!!

Jess

p.s: Also I think my girl is getting Mastitis? is that the correct term?? Anyway I noticed on one of her breast it is a little more inflamed, not so much red but it has a lumpy bump behind the teat. Its strange as obviously my girl had a c-section so she is on a course of antibiotics already??? What are everyones thoughts - its different and larger looking then the others and has a distinct bump there which you can obviously feel as well compared to the others. I am going to ring my vet now anyway, but just thought I would ask while I am here!

Scarlet is at the vets now and he will ring me when he has finished.

Last Sat he completely restiched her as she had torn all the internal stiches.

Hopefully this time the stiches will hold, don't understand how she can be doing this as she does nothing but lie in the box or go quickly to the toilet.

I am going to try and put her pups on Storm while Im waiting for Scarlet to come back, I don't really want to give them a bottle and upset their tummies if I can help it. I am sure Storm will take them but not sure if she has enough milk for 8 pups.

With mastitis you need to express the milk and massage the limp out. Use hot and cold compresses when doing this. Also put your strong sucking pup on it.

Leanne

well I just weighed my wee little girly, born at 240g, she lost 20 grams in the first day but has been doing

really well, yesterday had put on 30grams which I was so excited about but she has now hit the

300g so I am stoked.

Leanne, hope things work out...this time. It is a bit odd what has happened and it must be really

hard on you too. Maybe she is straining a little when toileting????? other than that I have no clue.

Does the vet have any ideas??

No none at all, she does have very hard skin though.

On Sat he put tripple the amount of stiches in that he normally would.

He said he was going to try something different this time.

Just put the pups on Storm and she loves them but didn't have milk so will try again in half an hour, if not I will have to give them a bottle :thumbsup:

Good news about your little girl :thumbsup:

Leanne

No none at all, she does have very hard skin though.

On Sat he put tripple the amount of stiches in that he normally would.

He said he was going to try something different this time.

Just put the pups on Storm and she loves them but didn't have milk so will try again in half an hour, if not I will have to give them a bottle :thumbsup:

Good news about your little girl :thumbsup:

Leanne

Well I hope whatever he does this time that it works out, scarlet must be getting quite sore after her ordeal.

How long before you can get her home?? if its not going to be too long, maybe you might be able to wait and just return them for a feed instead of having to resort to the bottle if Storm doesn't have enough...just a thought

The little girl, it was quite clear when she was born that she had obviously resulted from the second mating, and although

she is still obviously so much smaller than the others, I am so pleased she is picking up so quickly.

Well I hope whatever he does this time that it works out, scarlet must be getting quite sore after her ordeal.

How long before you can get her home?? if its not going to be too long, maybe you might be able to wait and just return them for a feed instead of having to resort to the bottle if Storm doesn't have enough...just a thought

Vet just rang he is about to start the op. He wants to keep her for a few hours after as she does not handle anastetic(sp) well. She vomits and last time it took her 8 hours to wake up :thumbsup:

Really don't think I will breed from her again, it is such a pitty as she is a stunning girl and so far these babies look fanastic :thumbsup:

I feel so bad for putting Scarlet through this just so I can have a pup.

Could of bought a couple pups in by now with what this is costing me.

Leanne

Really don't think I will breed from her again, it is such a pitty as she is a stunning girl and so far these babies look fanastic :thumbsup:

I feel so bad for putting Scarlet through this just so I can have a pup.

Could of bought a couple pups in by now with what this is costing me.

Leanne

Leanne,

You can't blame yourself, you couldn't possibly have known that things would have turned out this way.

She is a gorgeous girl, who has a litter of gorgeous babies, but has unfortunately had a run of bad luck which has in turn

caused alot of stress & not doubt, copious amounts of $$$ (and I know exactly how this feels, so I honestly can completely sympathise with you).

Let us know how you get on, hope things work out and have everything crossed for a complete (incident free) recovery for Scarlet, and for a little less stress for you.

maybe the vomiting after the ops have pulled some stitches free and the pressure on the others have come free as well - Just a thought as it seems as though she is doing nothing to put strain on her wound and stitches???

My girl was the same the night we brought her home - we had to feed her small amounts of food at a time!

I agree with everything chopperlodge has said and I could not have said it any better way!

Its not your fault, if you had a crystal ball and could see what was ahead of you I know you would not have bred her - But unfortunately this is some of the obstacles we face as breeders and what does happen, you end up learning from it. Its still early days and scarlet will have a well earned rest then you can start thinking and researching and asking questions.

Maybe there is a lovely little puppy there that you can retain to move forward with??

My thoughts are with you, I am sorry to hear this is all happening!

Keep us posted!

Chopperlodge thank you for the advise with mastitis - Since having my girl home I have been putting the weakest pup on it because it is the only one he will latch onto without falling off - so maybe I have caused the problem as I have been moving the other pups around to use all of the teats to try and prevent this as well as apparently it helps with eclampsia?? not sure it that is right but I heard it from somewhere - anyway I will change the routine and do as you have mentioned - thank you very much :laugh: !!

Edited by Partipaws

Maybe there is a lovely little puppy there that you can retain to move forward with??

My thoughts are with you, I am sorry to hear this is all happening!

Keep us posted!

Thanks Partipaws.

I am going to keep one of the girls and hopefully another will be going to Taz to be shown.

Leanne