Ivan's Not Well

ruthless

The vets rang this morning and said Ivan has either bronchitis or an allergy to the bronchitis? [i didn't take the call :thumbsup:] They said to know exactly how to treat it they'd like to put him under again and pump some fluid into his lungs to get a sample. For the princely sum of $1500 :thumbsup: Alternatively he can go on a course of steroids for a week and if that doesn't work, some strong antibiotics. We don't want to put him under again, so we're going with the second option.

His heart is fine and it looks like he's going to be around for another while yet!!

The vets rang this morning and said Ivan has either bronchitis or an allergy to the bronchitis? [i didn't take the call :thumbsup:] They said to know exactly how to treat it they'd like to put him under again and pump some fluid into his lungs to get a sample. For the princely sum of $1500 :thumbsup: Alternatively he can go on a course of steroids for a week and if that doesn't work, some strong antibiotics. We don't want to put him under again, so we're going with the second option.

His heart is fine and it looks like he's going to be around for another while yet!!

My girl has had brochitis/asthma since we had those terrible dust storms.

We were given the option of checking how her lungs were, with xrays or 10days of antibiotics. We chose the second one too.

They said it would take about 6 days to see any difference and if it doesn't we will have the xrays taken.

My girl has a grade 2 heart murmur but that is not causing her problem.

Edited by CavsRcute

Just wondering how Ivan is after his steroids.

Lani has had 10 days of Ab's and is a little better.Took her back to the vet and they have given us some cortisone tablets to see if we can knock it on the head. She is still snuffly, with a slight runny nose and the noisy breathing, i have noticed that she will swallow 4 or 5 times, as though she has post nasal drip :laugh:

He keeps peeing in the house!!! They warned us the steroids would make him thirsty and pee heaps, I didn't quite expect this though! He drank an entire 2ltr bowl when we went out for three hours last night. His cough/wheeze is still the same. He's still doing roundabouts for his breakfast too :laugh: