Snap On Comb Sizing For Wahl Clippers

shells

I was hoping someone could give me advice on what size snap on comb you would use on a minature poodles body to give it a nice medium length coat? I dont want them to be too short.

I have some clippers on order with and they are coming with a #30 and #10 blade but my usual groomer uses a snap on comb on their body which gives them a nice all over length.

Are the combs the same ones you get with human grade clippers or are they a different size?

This is a whole new experience for me (and the dogs) and am a little nervous. I have got them used to me touching their ears, tails, feet ect.

I would get the Wahl stainless steel combs from the BARF shop. They are only around $30 and will give you all the lengths you need. The plastic ones are a waste of time.

I use the yellow one for a nice spring time length (which gives you 5/8").

Edited by Clyde

Thanks Clyde.

I have seen that set and was wondering what the difference between the plastic and metal were.

Rysup - I dont feel confident enough to get a reasonable all over cut by hand yet LOL. Maybe some where in the future. :laugh:

1/2" snap on comb should be ok even up to a 3/4" depending on how much hair you want left, used over a #30 blade. The steel ones are better then the plastic. You might even look into a number #3 blade :thumbsup:

ETA, make sure the coat is clean, well blow dried and free of any knots and tangles before you use your snap on's otherwise puppy will look moth eaten lol

Edited by k9kutz