Fluid On Testicles?

Ulfhednar

I have just had a young 5mth old male husky desexed today.

I was told by my vet he had fluid on his testicles which he had never seen before.

The actual testicles look normal in colour, size etc.

Within a few hours of surgery the fluid is back in the now empty sac.

Has anyone else seen this?

My vet suggested a full blood count and antibody screen to see if something else is going on internally for the build up of fluid.

Any suggestions??

I have just had a young 5mth old male husky desexed today.

I was told by my vet he had fluid on his testicles which he had never seen before.

so he had fluid there BEFORE the op?

My boy had a massive swelling a day or two after the op - just a blood filled sac my vet assured me (not the vet that did the desex) ... lasted maybe a week then shrank to normal 'empty' size.

Never heard of it before, but he sure is a cutie!!!

Where has he come from?

A backyarder in Melb. He was brought by someone I know.

Long story short he stayed with me for a week until they were ready to take him. After awhile decided they didn't like

the colouring as they were sick of people thinking he was a GSD. :( so he came back to me.

I have had him for a few months now. I have other pups here the same age as I'm sure you are aware of.

I have been trying to track down his breeding.

Father is a show dog. I have his registered name and photos. Mother is a agouti from a breeder in Vic. Which one I am not sure

The people that own her now are the 3rd owners and paperwork has been lost along the way.