Blade Sharpening Recomendations

shells

Where r u located? i would try to avoid Charlie the Clipperman...blades wont last a week! His son, Ian Parsons, is slightly better, definitely better for scissors than blades though. i hear Botany Bay are pretty good but i havent tried them yet.

Where r u located? i would try to avoid Charlie the Clipperman...blades wont last a week! His son, Ian Parsons, is slightly better, definitely better for scissors than blades though. i hear Botany Bay are pretty good but i havent tried them yet.

Many of the groomers I know use Clipper World for blade and scissor sharpening. I agree with "luckypup" and avoid Charlie the Clipperman as his work has gone downhill and the blades dont last.

Many of the groomers I know use Clipper World for blade and scissor sharpening.

I would absolutely avoid ClipperWorld for scissors! they completely DESTROYED a few of my friends scissors, didnt own up to it, and didnt fix or replace them! I avoid them like the plague now for any sharpening! however they do a great job of clipper and dryer servicing.

I know the staff at Clipper World, and find it hard to believe that they would not fix a problem if they were responsible for it. Check with your friend the details as I used them for sharpening and found it to be excellent.

I would absolutely avoid ClipperWorld for scissors! they completely DESTROYED a few of my friends scissors, didnt own up to it, and didnt fix or replace them! I avoid them like the plague now for any sharpening! however they do a great job of clipper and dryer servicing.

I know the staff at Clipper World, and find it hard to believe that they would not fix a problem if they were responsible for it. Check with your friend the details as I used them for sharpening and found it to be excellent.

I also know the staff there, and the same thing has happened to me with my more expensive thinners that are meant to be sharpened in a certain way and they said they would try their best, and Gary knew he had stuffed up and got Anne to tell me. Dont get me wrong, they are an amazing family, i just wouldnt use them for any sharpening services.

Bit confusing. Firstly it was your friends now yours? I have worked in the sharpening industry and scissors sold to unsuspecting groomers as expensive are usually made in Pakistan and have a lovely finish but will not last. What make of scissor is it?

Edited by poodle3081

I also know the staff there, and the same thing has happened to me with my more expensive thinners that are meant to be sharpened in a certain way and they said they would try their best, and Gary knew he had stuffed up and got Anne to tell me. Dont get me wrong, they are an amazing family, i just wouldnt use them for any sharpening services.

Bit confusing. Firstly it was your friends now yours? I have worked in the sharpening industry and scissors sold to unsuspecting groomers as expensive are usually made in Pakistan and have a lovely finish but will not last. What make of scissor is it?

they did mine and stuffed then but also did my friends as well, so i know they arent really any good for scissors...

my scissors were Osters...and Osters are very good quality

Modern Oster scissors are not German quality and are similar to the range Wahl recently sold then discontinued. The Wahl were made in Pakistan and came in a velvet box and sold for over $100. The Oster are similar to these. Price is not an indicator of quality. Clipper World sharpen high end hairdressing scissor usually made in Germany or Japan, and I know a hairdressing wholesaler who uses them for the quality of the workmanship.

Edited by poodle3081

Agree with 4paws, can highly recommend Colin, his service is great and he is very helpful and friendly. :) You will have NO problems with sharpening or servicing on any equipment.

He is Nicestman77 on DOL and is located at Moruya, South Coast N.S.W.

and super fast turnaround.He usually gets them back in the post the same day he receives them

Agree with 4paws, can highly recommend Colin, his service is great and he is very helpful and friendly. smile.gif You will have NO problems with sharpening or servicing on any equipment.

He is Nicestman77 on DOL and is located at Moruya, South Coast N.S.W.

and super fast turnaround.He usually gets them back in the post the same day he receives them

Sounds great - I have bookmarked his site - it was very helpful about how to correctly oil the blades. I am an instruction person so the lack of a clipper manual has thrown me as I have no idea how to look after and clean these thing properly.

As for Clipperworld I just want to add that their customer service is fantastic. I got my clippers from there - ordered them at 11am and they were at my door by 9am the next day. Plus the staff member I spoke to was very helpful and lovely (threw in some lovely shampoo samples) so I will definately make sure any extra gear I need I will purchase from them. I am going to call them tomorrow about my #30 blade but will check it out and try it one more time just to make sure it definately wasnt cutting.

How long does a blade usually last for before it needs sharpening? How many times can you have a blade resharpend?

ok i think im being misinterpreted ALOT! Please dont get me wrong, i use Clipperworld for everything i have, just not sharpening. Their customer service is 2nd to none and they are always extremely helpful with any questions. Fantastic family and integral part of the grooming retail industry. in my opinion...

Was just trying to add my option for the topic at hand. appologies if i offended anyone!!

Luckypup- I contacted Clipper World today and alerted them to your comments. Needless to say they were angry and considering what action they should take.

You claim “ I think im being misinterpreted ALOT!”

Then how would you interpret the following statements you made?

“completely DESTROYED a few of my friends scissors, didn’t own up to it, and didn’t fix or replace them”!

“Gary knew he had stuffed up and got Anne to tell me”

Clipper World has no knowledge of any customer that claimed their scissors had been destroyed, and if it were the case then they would definitely replace the scissor.

Secondly Gary has never made a comment or stated that he stuffed up. He did say to me that occasionally a client will bring a scissor or blade in that is corroded or excessively worn, and tells them that the blade or scissor cannot be restored to as new condition.

While we're being upfront..... I had always thought, Poodle3081, that you actually work at Clipperworld. I strongly suspect that you do as your product knowledge and prices of everything to do with Clipperworld, do go beyond being 'just friends' with them IMO. It's no biggie I'm just curious. I'm actually a CW fan. On the rare occasion that I have had a problem it has been rectified immediately.

While we're being upfront..... I had always thought, Poodle3081, that you actually work at Clipperworld. I strongly suspect that you do as your product knowledge and prices of everything to do with Clipperworld, do go beyond being 'just friends' with them IMO. It's no biggie I'm just curious. I'm actually a CW fan. On the rare occasion that I have had a problem it has been rectified immediately.

Yes I have done work for them in servicing and remain good friends to this day.

good thinking poocow...anything u say will be blown out of proportion!

poodle - nothing i said was meant to offend! i was just trying to give some honest feedback for the person who asked the question - it was not meant to be slander at all, which you have obviously taken it as, and gone to clipperworld about it, which personally i wouldnt have done but that was what you thought should happen so thats fine. Alot of people on here give all their experiences and thats what i thought i was doing. :thumbsup::laugh:

So i guess nothing i can say now will change the opinion you have gotten through all this and twisted it around.

but thanks for letting me know anyways, ill clear it up with them when i see them next