Highest Quality Sausage Loaf Style Puppy Food?

Hi. I plan to use diced up sausage loaf type puppy food for training treats. I want to train a lot, so want his treats to be good for him. What should I look for on the ingredients list? Are there any brands you would reccomend or any you would advise me to stay away from? Anything else I could use for treats that will be nutritionally balanced/good for a growing pup?

Try Chunkers - can be found in the dog roll aisle - have checked the ingredients thoroughly myself - no grains or preservatives

Main things to look for are fillers ie grains or preservatives which are in most pet mince

My 2 whippies love chunkers

They are little meat balls that you can grab and make into smaller treat size pieces

I buy a bag then separate it into snap lock bags and freeze it to make it last longer

The whippies love it

Another great treat idea is Happy Paws made by a DOL'er - dried meat with no preservatives - excellent product :confused:

She has an ad in the thing above

I use both 4-legs and chunkers - cut them in half or thirds for smaller sized treats and freeze them in snack-sized bags as well. In summer the dogs actually like eating them still frozen, but they do defrost pretty quickly. 4-legs do a puppy variety. The good thing about both these is they are a complete meal - so you can use them for meals if you like, and 4-legs has a suggested feeding amount listed.

My dogs get pretty bored with dry treats (and if we are at class will nick off and sit by the person with better treats) so if you do dry use a variety of flavours. Its always handy to have some dried liver around for a quick treat.

Thanks :rofl: I will check both out next time I am in the supermarket, and keep my eye out for the happy paws ad to come up.

My dogs get pretty bored with dry treats (and if we are at class will nick off and sit by the person with better treats)
:confused: Cheeky sods Edited by Lucy's mama

Thanks :rofl: I will check both out next time I am in the supermarket, and keep my eye out for the happy paws ad to come up.
My dogs get pretty bored with dry treats (and if we are at class will nick off and sit by the person with better treats)
:laugh: Cheeky sods

just click "view all advertisers" tab thats underneath the current one and it will show all advertisers