Litters Due In January 2010

Bilbo Baggins

Well, in typical 'Tia' style, she has caught me out! ;) I thought I'd be having a February litter.

I'd been waiting for her to come in season, to no avail, so when Fanuilos' girl Elli came up for mating, I 'used' her & housed her next to Tia to bring her in... Excellent, after a week, the familar blood spots started appearing on the cement! Ice & Tia live together, so I left them together as that was the planned litter. (a repeat of the mating that produced my beloved girl Sugar that I lost recently)

We had successful matings with Elli, and when Tia reached prime mating time, going by the time according to when the blood started for Tia, Ice showed no interest. It was a bizarre season, stopping as quick as it started, but it soon became apparent that she was in whelp. As no mating was witnessed, I 'guesstimated' based on the 1st day of her heat & her prime time normally being day 13, giving me a rough date of 2 weeks from now.... HAHAHAHAH, WRONG!!!!

As I've now discovered, Tia was already on heat when Elli arrived!! No blood, no swelling, and they did their special cuddles obviously in between the controllled interludes with Elli :grouphug:

She's been eating normally, scoffed her dinner last night, I woke up at 5am, and heard that familar noise coming from outside, yep, puppies! Grabbed towels & collected Tia & bubs to put in the whelping box. We have 4 girls so far, & unfortunately one little boy who was dead.

Tia, she's a little ratbag & caught me out big time, it's totally her style so I'm not that surprised :grouphug:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've now discovered, Tia was already on heat when Elli arrived!! No blood, no swelling, and they did their special cuddles obviously in between the controllled interludes with Elli ;)

OMG that Ice is a tart!!! Not content with one girl, he had to have himself two girls! Randy bastard :grouphug:

Looks like he gave Tia all the girls and left Elli with the boys :grouphug:

As I've now discovered, Tia was already on heat when Elli arrived!! No blood, no swelling, and they did their special cuddles obviously in between the controllled interludes with Elli ;)

OMG that Ice is a tart!!! Not content with one girl, he had to have himself two girls! Randy bastard :grouphug:

Looks like he gave Tia all the girls and left Elli with the boys :grouphug:

LOL, atleast between us we'll be right, I can send the boy enquiries your way & vice versa :grouphug:

:) our beautiful norfolk terrier just whelped 2 live pups a boy and girl and sadly a stillborn girl.we are over the moon. :rofl: :D :D :D :D i will posts some pics later but for now i need some sleep Edited by troop

A case of dejavu!!

It was a really bad and long night last night.........we actually had 4 boys and 2 girls and lost one of the girls. Why do we always lose the girls? :-(

Pics following...... I'm just too tired at the moment.......

Sorry to hear about your loss... it just sucks losing pups. Counting the 12 I lost due to vet negligence last month (plus my girl), and then the 4 babies yesterday, that's 17 I've lost in just over a month :cheer: Us breeders need strong hearts...

I soooo feel for you. Losing 1 is bad enough but I cried when I read your posts re losing all your pups and mum............... :cheer:

My dejavu was also for getting the sex of one wrong.....but we had to be really quick checking the pups out. OH did it while I made sure her muzzle didn't slp off! Not nice - happy to say that she is back to her usual sookie self!

A case of dejavu!!

It was a really bad and long night last night.........we actually had 4 boys and 2 girls and lost one of the girls. Why do we always lose the girls? :-(

Pics following...... I'm just too tired at the moment.......

Sorry to hear about your loss... it just sucks losing pups. Counting the 12 I lost due to vet negligence last month (plus my girl), and then the 4 babies yesterday, that's 17 I've lost in just over a month :) Us breeders need strong hearts...

OMG did not think to add the number up. Heartbreaking. :thumbsup:

Sorry not to have posted piccies before, time just got away from me, so here is a selection from birth to 31 Jan :( just hope the piccies are not too big as not sure how to resize.

Day one - 4 Jan 2010

DSCF0021.jpg

Day five - about half the litter in this photo

DSCF0005.jpg

2 1/2 weeks old

DSCF0025.jpg

4 weeks old - one of the boys self stacking :thumbsup:

2Boy01.jpg