Calling Shoalhaven Dog Owners

vk2mpj

Hi all,

I am after reccomendations for a good vet in the Nowra area. I have a 2 Y/O Rotty who seems very Hypo Allergenic, and a 2 Y/O GSD who seems fairly normal. I have been to my local vet just didn't like the vibe I got from them, seemed very commercially oriented, and totally dismissed me when I expressed concerns about my Rotty's reaction to Rimadyl.

Thanks in advance

Pete

I use the Vet in North Nowra. :)

Both Cathy and Quentin are the best I have come across in all my pet owning years. Tilly is their first MDR1 affected dog and they have taken everything on board that I have said, and done their own research to see what her needs are in the way of which meds to avoid.

They treated my two oldies that I recently lost to cancer, and the hug I got from Cathy as we put Sheba in the car to bring her home said it all.

They are also open half day Sunday which is handy.

ETA: a friend of ours has always used Bomaderry Vet Hospital and travels all the way from Erowal Bay to do so. Must be fairly decent to go all that way.

Edited by thelinks

Thanks to the advice so far....

Well I went back to my local vet clinic today and saw a different vet, infact the one I did not like was not there, and the treatment I got today was by far the best I have come across, a HUGE improvement over the last person.

Turns out I wa right, and my Rotty is Flea Allergic :thumbsup: as well as hypo allergenic to other environmental factors.....

A big thumbs up to Quinten at the North Nowra Vet clinic, funnily enough, the last two times I had been there, niether Cathy or Quinten saw Gilly.... Although, after the bill, I can clearly see I am in the wrong industry!!!!! :hysterical:

FWIW, after speaking direct to a few local pet owners, North Nowra and Bomaderry came up as the top two, with the Kinghorne St vet being next. Hopefully that may help someone down the track.

The Nowra Vet Hospital, Kinghorne Street, does titre testing.

It also has the capability to administer chemo should the need arise. I think they are the only one in the area to be able to do that.

They are a 24 hour on call Vet, although it isn't cheap. They are also open 7 days a week.

I have been happy with their service, although have mostly used them for routine matters.