Yay For Us!

Hallooo!!!!

I am so happy!!! We managed a 6 minute stay tonight with me walking around and packing stuff away, making noise etc! Only had to look at her twice to remind her to stay and she didn't fidget either!!! I just thought I'd remind her in case she wanted to move!

I know its nothing fancy but Im thrilled!!!! :nahnah:

I know its nothing fancy but Im thrilled!!!! :laugh:

It is fancy, Bub. It is a reflection of your good training :D. And that's always 'fancy' :o . And doing 'real life' activities as a 'proof' is a big thing - especially stuff like packing up, as that's quite often interesting to dogs. Many people don't go much past the 'walk out, turn and face the dog' stage of stay work.

Congratulations and well done :nahnah:.

That's great work :p.

Edited by Erny

:nahnah: That's awesome!

We're supposed to do a 10 minute stay (:o) to pass our assessment, and while she has beautiful stays for her age and compared to the others in our class, and I can walk 15 metres away, leave the room, run around her in circles, I just don't like our chances of holding one for several minutes, much less 10. So that's our next project. You give us hope that it can be done :laugh:

:nahnah: That's awesome!

We're supposed to do a 10 minute stay (:D) to pass our assessment, and while she has beautiful stays for her age and compared to the others in our class, and I can walk 15 metres away, leave the room, run around her in circles, I just don't like our chances of holding one for several minutes, much less 10. So that's our next project. You give us hope that it can be done :laugh:

:p ;) 10 minutes is huge!!! I am currently proofing Daisy's 2 minute down stay for her first CCD trial :o

:rolleyes: That's awesome!

We're supposed to do a 10 minute stay (:o) to pass our assessment, and while she has beautiful stays for her age and compared to the others in our class, and I can walk 15 metres away, leave the room, run around her in circles, I just don't like our chances of holding one for several minutes, much less 10. So that's our next project. You give us hope that it can be done :rofl:

:) :) 10 minutes is huge!!! I am currently proofing Daisy's 2 minute down stay for her first CCD trial :eek:

I know, I thought I misheard! Especially given that you only need 2 minutes for CCD and this is the first assessment - to move up from the lowest level course! I'm guessing we're allowed to fail the 10 minute stay and still move up, otherwise nobody ever would. The other dogs in my group can't even do a 15 second stay at the moment.

Gypsy can probably do a minute, maybe 2 depending on the distractions, but if Bub can get Bit Bit to do 6 minutes, then it must be possible.

Our problem is that I usually walk away now and so walking away = stay, but if I say stay and stay close by, she fidgets and breaks.

You can do it Serket!!!! I started with 30 secs, 1 min, 2.5 min, 4 min and then 6 min last night! Going to make sure she is stable at 6 min before I move on.

There are so many things I teach Bit Bit that when I first start out I think “OMG!!! We are NEVER going to learn this!!!! NEVER!!!!” but after a few sessions she has it down pat and then you think “What was I fussing about???”.

I still remember the tanties she threw at me during our first few clicker training sessions where I sat around and wondered why she was not offering up anything! Stupid mummy!!!! :)