Richard Curtis Seminar - Brisbane, Wednesday Pm, 21 April 2010.

MrsD

And we are hoping we can get one of the breed clubs to run a sausage sizzle for us so people coming straight from work do not starve.

That sounds great DagBoy :eek:

Went to the post office today to get a money order for the seminar. The lady asked me who to make it out to and when I said "dancing with dogs QLD" she gave me a funny look and said "Should I even ask...?" :mad

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we are hoping we can get one of the breed clubs to run a sausage sizzle for us so people coming straight from work do not starve.

That sounds great DagBoy :D

Went to the post office today to get a money order for the seminar. The lady asked me who to make it out to and when I said "dancing with dogs QLD" she gave me a funny look and said "Should I even ask...?" :mad

Sounds like you are going to need to get a cheque book! Paying for a money order for every trial is going to start costing you a bit!! :o

Sounds like you are going to need to get a cheque book! Paying for a money order for every trial is going to start costing you a bit!! :mad

Hmmm yes this is a good point!

TBH I haven't really given it any thought before now :D Guess most people who show or trial would need a cheque book?

Huski :D , yes, most use a cheque book.

GoldenGirl85, Im not sure about that one, if you'd like to send an email to dwdcq at live dot com dot au & ask, one of the executive will be able to tell you & if allowed will give you bank details.

Great news GoldenGirl85 :) .

Forgot to put in the first post the seminar will be held in the CCCQ Function Room, it's the upstairs room in the large brick 2 storey building at the back of the grounds.

I've never been to Durack before so hopefully I will find it :D

I am really looking forward to this seminar :) I watched some of Richard's videos on youtube and he seems really entertaining and engaging!

ETA: Had my money order all ready to post and left it in the office yesterday ;) so will have to post it on Tuesday.

Edited by huski

If you haven't been to Durack before, all you do is turn LEFT once you come through the gate & follow the road all the way around & you'll see the buildings. The road veers around to the right, around the back of the buildings, the first one you come to is a groundsman's house, then toilets & a BBQ area & then right next to that is the 2 storey building, just go in the door at the bottom of the 2 storey one & walk up the stairs, you'll see where everyone else is headed anyway no doubt :).

I've never been to Durack before so hopefully I will find it :o

I am really looking forward to this seminar :) I watched some of Richard's videos on youtube and he seems really entertaining and engaging!

ETA: Had my money order all ready to post and left it in the office yesterday :mad so will have to post it on Tuesday.

Ditto lol

I just paid :D looking forward to it

Edited by GoldenGirl85

Just to let everyone know, there WON'T be any food available before the event as they haven't been able to find anyone to do the catering for them. There will be tea & coffee & cake after the seminar, it might stave off the hunger pains until you can get to Maccas :thumbsup: .

Just got this from the DwD club president & am posting it here as some people didn't supply email addresses when they registered. (not saying that they were the people off DOL, but just in case there was someone from DOL :heart::eek: )

I am writing to confirm arrangements for those who have registered for the Richard Curtis seminar to be held in the Function Room at the CCCQ grounds at King Avenue, Durack in, on the evening of Wednesday 21 April.

The seminar itself starts at 6.45 pm, so we would ask that all participants arrive a little earlier than that – by no later than 6.30 pm if possible – so that we can attend to registration (including issuing of receipts) in a timely manner and not delay the start of the seminar. We had hoped to be able to arrange for another group to run a BBQ before the start of the seminar, but unfortunately we have been unsuccessful in that regard. There will, however, be light refreshments (included in your registration fee) at the conclusion of the evening.

We will have a lucky door prize (some VIP Pet Food products) and a raffle which will include a Richard Curtis DVD, and a glitzy T shirt among the prizes. There will also be a small number of DWD items for sale and orders can be placed for Richard’s videos for anyone who may wish to purchase them.

The evening will start with a lecture type presentation (with Powerpoint) by Richard. This segment will be followed by some work with a small number of dogs and their handlers. As dogs are not permitted in the Function Room, we will need to migrate outside for this part of the evening. It would be helpful if you could bring collapsible chairs that you can use when we move outside. The practical segment will then be followed by a Q&A segment (though I’m sure Richard will also take questions during his presentation). Richard has requested that there be no videotaping during the seminar (or practical demonstrations).

This promises to be a very informative and enjoyable evening, and we look forward to seeing you there.

Unfortunately we do not have contact addresses for all our registrants, so if you know of anyone who is attending and who hasn’t received this email, I would be grateful if you would pass it on.

If you have any queries in the meantime, please email me on gwestmor at bigpond.net.au