Blocked Ears?

Teebs

Mum and Dads dog has a sore ear, has been to the vet and they dont seem to be doing any good. She is having trouble hearing.. is on ear drops but they are not helping, Is there anything natural we can try on her to help unblock her ear?

Thanks!

If she has that much crud in her ear- and the wax dissolving stuff isn't working,(provided that she has a waxy build up) then she will possibly need to be knocked out and have the ear cleaned out thoroughly....

What drops is she on, and what exactly did the vet say was the problem?

I am not sure exactly, she was desexed last week and they checked her ears out and said they were blocked and cleaned them out. She didnt have any problems before going to the vet.....

I am going with dad tomorrow to find out exactly what is going on, so will update then, just thought we may be able to help her by using something else

Best to have the vet sort it out- they've looked in the dog's ears and put the dog on some treatment.

You'd be amazed how many people don't even look in their dog's ears, so wouldn't know whether or not there was a developing problem.

If your parents aren't happy with how things are going, they need to go back to the vet.

Are they using the ear drops/ cleaning ears as vet prescribed?

Good luck.

Vet had a look and can not see anything, said there is alittle fluid on the ear drum, but it is clearing up. They have told them to stop using drops and get some ear cleaner.

My vet friend is getting me the ear cleaner for cost price, so will go pick it up next week and see how she goes with that