Kibble Feeding Guides

TYLER23

Can someone please post the feeding guides for 'Royal Canin Medium Breed Junior Puppy' and 'Eagle Pack Holistic Puppy' foods. I've searched the net and come up with nothing.

I'm just doing a cost per feed comparison of super premium kibbles to see which i will try next. I've priced Artemis Fresh Mix Medium Breed Puppy at $1.27 per feed.

Any other similarly priced kibbles you'd recommend other than RC, EP, and Artemis?

Thanks a bunch Mim!

Anyone have a bag of Eagle Pack puppy lying around?

I have a bag of Eagle Pack holistic **small breed** puppy. The amounts vary according to the age and weight of the pup. The table is quite complex can you give me a clue what info you're after and whether the small breed variety is of any use to you (before I start typing).

best

Di

to do a true comparison you should also work out the cost of 100 grams of food for each dog food brand for when the dog gets older and the feeding amounts change

Fair point, although there is very little difference in the numbers i've done so far for Artemis and Royal Canin... about 10g and 7c a day difference between the two.

Thanks a bunch Mim!

I have a bag of Eagle Pack holistic **small breed** puppy. The amounts vary according to the age and weight of the pup. The table is quite complex can you give me a clue what info you're after and whether the small breed variety is of any use to you (before I start typing).

best

Di

Current weight 13.5kg, 5 months old, with a adult target weight of approx 20kg which puts him in the medium breed.

Thanks a bunch Mim!

best

Di

Current weight 13.5kg, 5 months old, with a adult target weight of approx 20kg which puts him in the medium breed.

Sorry I can't help. He doesn't fit on the table! Only goes up to 9 Kg. None of mine will ever hit 9 Kg.

Di

If you want to follow the guide on the side of the RC bag, the way I see the table is their approximate adult weight versus how old they are at the moment.

So if your pup is 6 months old, and their goal weight range is around 20 kg then feed 360 grams. The best way I found to do this was to purchase some digital kitchen scales and weigh the food that way. I would not go by the cups table they have at the bottom of the table, just weigh the food and see how many cups that equates to...

Lastly, this table would be taking into account that this would be the ONLY food the dog would be getting throughout the day. If you are feeding bones / treats / raw food then you should subtract these items from the total amount of weight that you are giving from the dry food.

Best of luck working out the table, I could never get my head around it when I had the RC Labrador dry food... until I sat down and had a good read of it. You should also be able to tell how much you should be feeding your dog depending if they are putting on much weight. I know with Fraser we were told to feel around his side and if we could just feel his ribs then he was around the ideal weight.

Another thing open to you is to jump on the scales while holding your dog in your arms, then subtracting their weight from yours. Best of luck!

Regards, Shaun (sticks1977) :laugh:

Thanks Stormie... is Holistic Select the new brand name for EP Holistic, the packaging looks different? The link you provided points to an adult formula, but i found the following puppy formula, http://www.holisticselect.com/dog-dry-pupp...eding-guideline

All the online stores still have the old packaging and i've read about the supply issues from time to time which has me leaning towards Artemis.

Thanks Stormie... is Holistic Select the new brand name for EP Holistic, the packaging looks different? The link you provided points to an adult formula, but i found the following puppy formula, http://www.holisticselect.com/dog-dry-pupp...eding-guideline

All the online stores still have the old packaging and i've read about the supply issues from time to time which has me leaning towards Artemis.

Yep, Holistic Select is the same - they have just dropped the Eagle Pack label from the bag. The packaging has recently changed. Presently, the only Holistic Select Small/Medium Puppy formula in Aus is the Chicken and Rice. If you look at the original packaging, you'll see it clearly states on the packaging 'For Adult dogs and Small and Medium Breed Puppies'. The puppy formula you gave the link for is new and hasn't reached Aus yet, but it's coming. But till then, the Chicken and Rice in the new packaging, whilst it doesn't say on the bag, is 100% suited to Sml/Med pups.

this is the old packaging...

eagle_pack_holistic_chicken_meal_rice_large.jpg