A Sore On Gomez's Paw?

Gomez it is probably nothing but if he was mine I would insist on a needle aspiration and have the cells checked.. After my experience with Ollie, I would never just take the word of a vet that it is 'nothing to worry about' again..

Don't get me wrong our vet is wonderful but for months I was asking about this lump or that and was told it was probably a fatty lipoma - when one was finally aspirated, well the rest is history...

Gomez's lump does not look anything like any that Ollie had, so don't worry but still get it checked out anyway.

Good luck

Jodie

Vet thinks it could be a "foreign body" which has either abcessed or the body is trying to reject, so I have to soak his paw in Dermachlor Rinse 10 minutes, twice a day -

Jodie, she still deed a needle aspiration of the lump just in case it's something more sinister... results after x-mas, of course...

NOW - how do I soak the paw of a wrigly terrier?!?!?!

Edited by Gomez the Norfolk

with the soaking, with the last dog I had for some reason which I can't remember now he needed his paw soaked, we just put the liquid into an empty icecream container and he sat there with his paw in it, though he wasn't the wriggly sort so not sure how well that would work

The good news is I figured out a way to do the soaking, a plastic sour cream container, lots of treats and a towel - easy peasy... and the sore is less red and puffy. The ice cream containers here are cardboard....

The bad news, the cells came back questionable - there is evidence of a papilloma, which is not a huge problem, apaprently, but there were some other more dodgey cells and they want a better look, so it's off for a biopsy tomorrow morning - they have to sedate him, being that he is so wriggly... but not a GA...

Jodie, good thing I pushed for the aspiration like you said....

The good news is I figured out a way to do the soaking, a plastic sour cream container, lots of treats and a towel - easy peasy... and the sore is less red and puffy. The ice cream containers here are cardboard....

The bad news, the cells came back questionable - there is evidence of a papilloma, which is not a huge problem, apaprently, but there were some other more dodgey cells and they want a better look, so it's off for a biopsy tomorrow morning - they have to sedate him, being that he is so wriggly... but not a GA...

Jodie, good thing I pushed for the aspiration like you said....

Yes it is a good thing you pushed for it - hopefully it will come back with nothing to worry about...

I wish more vets would just do an aspiration as a standard procedure for lumps instead of having to be asked for it...

So the biopsy was done yesterday under sedative, a couple of stitches and a funky green bandage later I have a groggy doggy who really wants to run after his ball but is not allowed... just quick a splash and dash here and there...

Tomorrow we go for a re-bandage and hopefully results

utf-8BL0RldmljZSBNZW1vcnkvaG9tZS-1.jpg

Edited by Gomez the Norfolk

So the results came back and it's nothing sinister, could have been a papilloma that got a bit better with soaking or could have been a piece of something that got abcessed - either way, it's all out now and no malignant cells - the bandage has come off and the stitches will come out on Friday

Here he is with his inflatable e-collar, not as annoying as a plastic cone

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MDctMjAxMDAxMDQtMTcwM.jpg