K9 Pro Training In Drive

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some beagles are more scent driven than others, Daisy is one of the most scent driven beags I've ever met. She's relatively low drive when it comes to TID and compared to other dogs but just being able to get her working and interested in working is a big deal for us.

Are you going to do tracking with her at some point, then? She sounds like she'd be a star at it. And it is FUN! :cry:

Yes, thinking about it! Would like to get a couple of obedience titles first though. But I agree, I think she would be a natural.

Yes, sounds like my dog. My girl is a natural. I'm not! :eek:

I'm learning slowly, though. There's a whole lot more to it than just hanging off the end of a line. Really really fun when you start to get into it.

LOL Staranais - it's always the handler who has the most to learn :eek:

It was only recently that I had taken Daisy for a walk and after we left mum decided to walk Micha too (unbeknown to me). She walked a shorter distance than us and got home before us. When I was walking Daisy home, she suddenly went NUTS and practically pulled me over madly tracking this scent. She was zigzagging across the path, totally focused on the scent, she 'tracked' Mish all the way home - I could have told you what side of the road he and mum had been walking on :cry: When I walked in the door, mum was really surprised at how I knew she had been out walking Micha :o

Edited by huski

Ah well the video camera is primed and ready for tomorrow so you can all have a laugh at our attempts :eek: .

Ness it's essential you trip and land on your butt - Steve won't tell you this, but it's part of the course :o (I think we've all done it at least once :cry: )

@ huski - Both Indi and I struggle in the heat, so not a lot of training done in the middle of the day (we're both looking forward to winter)

Edited by gsdog2

Hmm if tonights response to me simply walking outside in the yard is anything to go by I am expecting blood to be drawn first thing in the morning :o . Or at very least a torn t-shirt. She was just a wee bit OTT. Maybe she might have settled by the morning :eek: .

Actually the funny thing is my older one was playing tuggy with me tonight - she rarely does toys and rarely tugs :cry: .

Totally agree SK - I watched the vid you uploaded today GSD and Indi was looking great! Especially as you've only just started!

But did you notice towards the end she's getting distracted (and I'm ok with that because OH is using the whipper snipper), but not happy with how I finished the session - it's a bit flat :cry:

Yes, but even I was getting distracted by that whipper snipper in the background just watching the vid. I think she did really well to ignore it like that! :o

I had no idea OH was going to do that :eek:

Hmm if tonights response to me simply walking outside in the yard is anything to go by I am expecting blood to be drawn first thing in the morning :o . Or at very least a torn t-shirt. She was just a wee bit OTT. Maybe she might have settled by the morning :eek: .

Actually the funny thing is my older one was playing tuggy with me tonight - she rarely does toys and rarely tugs :cry: .

there is no such thing as too OTT! I LOVE crazy wild dogs!!!

Apparently not that OTT Seita :wave: .

Ah well as far as Kenz is now concerned life has resumed as "normal". A tug session followed by breakfast she was willing to leave me alone and not monster her sister :provoke: . First session went well and I didn't manage to fall on my butt.

Edited by ness