Obedience Clubs Brisbane

Hi Everyone :laugh:

Just in need of a little help... I'm looking for a good obedience club in Brisbane to further my girls training (4 month olf Australian Shepherd). She's done puppy school, and i'll love to get her into obedience - with the idea of further down the track competing in obedience with her. I've come across the Pine rivers obedience club - anyone have any comments about them???

Look forward to your replies!!!

Beth and Lottie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on where you live Beth86.

I train at Pine Rivers but dont actually use the classes for my trial dogs. Their early classes - Beginners and Class 1 especially are very good, with current training methods in use. :(

To my knowledge, Pine Rivers is a good club. I have trialled a lot, and while not attending their club for training, they have many good triallers, and a nice bunch of people.

As Kath says, depends where you live. There are a few on the northside. One is Metro in Chermside if you are closer to that.

Cute pup by the way :rofl:

Edited by elsa

Thanks Elsa - I think she is too... but i'm just a tad bit bias!!! haha..

Yep, I think i'm going to go with Metro at chermside... With trialling (I really haven't ever done/been into anything like this before), are there many comps around?? I would love to go out and watch a comp to see what its all about!!!!

Thanks for your help!!

Beth

Thanks Elsa - I think she is too... but i'm just a tad bit bias!!! haha..

Yep, I think i'm going to go with Metro at chermside... With trialling (I really haven't ever done/been into anything like this before), are there many comps around?? I would love to go out and watch a comp to see what its all about!!!!

Thanks for your help!!

Beth

If you are keen to go and watch a trial, there'll be a trial at Metro on the 27th of Feb :rofl: I think it starts at 6pm.

Edited by huski

I will definitely be there Tiggy at least spectating, at this stage I probably won't be entering as I have too much to work on with Daisy at this point... will see how we go though :rofl:

Will say hi if I see you, Kathq!

Edited by huski

I will definitely be there Tiggy at least spectating, at this stage I probably won't be entering as I have too much to work on with Daisy at this point... will see how we go though :shrug:

:cry: You two work so well!!!!!

There's still more to do :cry:

I will definitely be there Tiggy at least spectating, at this stage I probably won't be entering as I have too much to work on with Daisy at this point... will see how we go though :idea:

:shrug: You two work so well!!!!!

There's still more to do :cry:

Haha yep, and most of it is me improving my handling skills :cry:

I need to learn to walk in a straight line and all that other hard stuff :rofl:

I am also mindful of entering only when Daisy is ready, atm she's not. I want to enter the Metro trial because it's known grounds for us as we train there, but there's no point doing it if Daisy and I aren't ready.

I'm also not sure if I will have her papers back in time, I have had to do a transfer of ownership and I don't know if I will get the new ones back by the time entries close.

Haha yep, and most of it is me improving my handling skills :cry:

I need to learn to walk in a straight line and all that other hard stuff :idea:

OH took a video of me in the ring with my Goldie and I was concentrating sooooo hard on walking in a straight line (focusing on an object ahead of me at a distance) that my poor boy was all but forgotten about :shrug:

There's just too many things to remember in a trial ring :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Beth86

Metro starts back for obedience training the end of Jan i think if you want more info on metro go to there website which is www.metrodogclub.com that will give you more info on training times etc. I train down at metro with my 2 girls one is in class 4 and i also have a pup who is in class 1 right now and i also instruct down there too.

Can't wait to see you all at metro the first monday of Feb if you want to find me just look for the sable border collie pup and i shall be around her somewhere although you may not be able to see her as there will be lots of people around her as she is pretty popular down there due to her colour :eek: or you can just look for the staffy's tied out and that is where i will be.

Don't worry about your GSD Nic i am sure you will be fine :cry: the last GSD that i was holding for someone down at the club took me for a wonderful slide down the hill at metro it was quite funny had alot of people laughing at me.

Looking forward to meeting any newbies :cry: and your pup staffylover, been a while since I've been to formal club trainig but Daisy and I will defintely be there first week back :eek: if you see us please come and say hi :laugh:

ETA: I am sure Daisy and I will provide plenty of laughs for everyone, she's not called the evil beagle for nothing :eek:

Edited by huski

Can't wait to see you all at metro the first monday of Feb if you want to find me just look for the sable border collie pup and i shall be around her somewhere although you may not be able to see her as there will be lots of people around her as she is pretty popular down there due to her colour :eek: or you can just look for the staffy's tied out and that is where i will be.

Don't worry about your GSD Nic i am sure you will be fine :cry: the last GSD that i was holding for someone down at the club took me for a wonderful slide down the hill at metro it was quite funny had alot of people laughing at me.

I did go to Metro on their fun and games night to have a look - i'm freinds with one of the instructors - Sam? And her darling Swaz! Sophie was ok for about 40mins but after a kelpie dressed as a fairy had a go at her she started freaking out anytime another dog came near her *sigh* she'll be the death of me. And I think I remember someone pointed out "the cutest puppy ever" called Myf! Her fame proceeds her!

ETA: I am sure Daisy and I will provide plenty of laughs for everyone, she's not called the evil beagle for nothing :eek:

May I just say I am so excited to meet this epitome-of-evil that is your Daisy. From the way you talk im expecting her to be in a Darth Vader mask - lol.

May I just say I am so excited to meet this epitome-of-evil that is your Daisy. From the way you talk im expecting her to be in a Darth Vader mask - lol.

She's nothing exciting!

This weekend alone she stole an entire packet of tortillas and ate them all in about ten seconds :laugh: and then on Sunday, got into a box of home made coffee and white chocolate biscuits and ate the last six that were in there - and this is supposed to be my obedience dog :cry: