Allergies And Prednisolone

But how do you know if a product/item is not allowed to be imported?

You check the regulated import list, or contact customs and they will tell you.

Some things are regulated because they are only approved for certain uses and a variety of other things, they don't have to be prescription only to be regulated in this way... at the end of the day it doesn't matter why, but that you will get your butt kicked if you contravene the law on it!!

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4226.asp

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine was posted to me by Murdoch - along with the invoice LOL. I am yet to start it as I have had so much success with the 4 EPO tablets a day.

How do I know I these have been successful - because Beans has eaten Beef and 1/3 of a large fruit and nut toblerone without going into meltdown - UNHEARDOF!

Think I'll keep getting mine from Murdoch too for now! lol

Great news on Beans... Hope it keeps up! :(

I'm now doing a rechallenge trial on EPO to see if either of mine react to it, and then hopefully I can integrate it back in to their diets, as I'd had my guys on an EPO / Salmon oil combo for years... I'd given slightly less EPO than Salmon oil, so we'll see what happens when I up it to the same dose...

I'm now doing a rechallenge trial on EPO to see if either of mine react to it, and then hopefully I can integrate it back in to their diets, as I'd had my guys on an EPO / Salmon oil combo for years... I'd given slightly less EPO than Salmon oil, so we'll see what happens when I up it to the same dose...

I am still giving fish oil - 3 tablets a day + EPO - 4 tablets a day - Beans is 16kg.

Stormie, if it is regulated as a "vet only med" here, then you may be able to get it if you have a prescription... might be worth the call / email to customs to find out why its regulated and what you can do to get it... :(

I am still giving fish oil - 3 tablets a day + EPO - 4 tablets a day - Beans is 16kg.

Yeah, my guys are 22.4 & 31.5kg, so they get 5 & 6 salmon oil respectively, I'd then give 1-2 caps of EPO as well, Mandy said to give them the same level, which would make 10g and 12g of polyunsaturated fatty acids for my guys... so I'm rechallenging it and then I'll add it in slowly at the higher level if they tolerate it. That's a fairly high amount of PUFAs, esp. when I can't add Vit E back into the diet, until its rechallenged and ok.

At the lower level, it didn't do much more than the salmon oil by itself, so I will be interested to see if feeding it at the higher dose will make a lot of difference. If it doesn't, I'll swap to Borage oil again (its more expensive though), as that is what held Zayda together through her second elimination diet.

Poor Orbit, its going to be like 19 degrees and showery - but guess who's having a bath :laugh:

Thanks for the info, Zayder. Maybe if it gets really hard, I'll see if we can get Murdoch to send it to us. But I will contact customs and see what they say...

Yeah, my guys are 22.4 & 31.5kg, so they get 5 & 6 salmon oil respectively, I'd then give 1-2 caps of EPO as well, Mandy said to give them the same level, which would make 10g and 12g of polyunsaturated fatty acids for my guys... so I'm rechallenging it and then I'll add it in slowly at the higher level if they tolerate it. That's a fairly high amount of PUFAs, esp. when I can't add Vit E back into the diet, until its rechallenged and ok.

At the lower level, it didn't do much more than the salmon oil by itself, so I will be interested to see if feeding it at the higher dose will make a lot of difference. If it doesn't, I'll swap to Borage oil again (its more expensive though), as that is what held Zayda together through her second elimination diet.

When did you last see Mandy - just wondering as I saw her 3 weeks ago the day after she got back from the US and I think at the conference she went to that is where they were discussing the results of giving much higher doses of EPO's and the success they were having. I am definitely a fan :laugh:

When did you last see Mandy - just wondering as I saw her 3 weeks ago the day after she got back from the US and I think at the conference she went to that is where they were discussing the results of giving much higher doses of EPO's and the success they were having. I am definitely a fan :laugh:

What is the dossage rate they are reccomending?

yes, I just saw her last week and that's what we are going to do: give the Omega 3 and Omega 6 in the same dose, so 1000mg per 5 kilos so Zayda will get 5 salmon and 5 EPO and Asher will get 6 Salmon and 6 EPO :laugh:.

I used to give it at a much lower dose (1-2caps), and didn't see much difference, so I will be interested to see what the higher dose Mandy has recommended does. Does that make more sense, it was probably a bit more garbled the first time cos I was rushing off to see a client! ;)

But I'm not going to just chuck an extra 5/6 caps of PUFA in the diet, apart from the fact I have to rechallenge it first as my dogs have both had it as a part of their diet for years, I'm going to add it slowly and look for toleration.

Same as Omega 3s: 1000mg (1g) per 5kilos of body weight.

I wish it was easy to obtain in liquid form rather than capsules. Piercing 12-13 capsules every day is a real pain...

Same as Omega 3s: 1000mg (1g) per 5kilos of body weight.

I wish it was easy to obtain in liquid form rather than capsules. Piercing 12-13 capsules every day is a real pain...

Well Zayda is doing ok on the caps, so I can just chuck her's back in the bowl now... lol But I like the caps, I don't have to mess with a syringe to get the right dose or anything, even when I do have to pierce them (which I am still doing for Asher)!

Edited by zayda_asher

Even when we were on the salmon oil caps, he wouldn't take them and would suck the meat off them and spit them back down. It was a real pain in the arse. Then I started piercing them and ended up with oil being squirted all over the walls which discoloured and wouldn't come off! Don't think my boss ever worked out what it was actually from though :laugh:

Did you ever try the EPO from the Groomers Range?

Even when we were on the salmon oil caps, he wouldn't take them and would suck the meat off them and spit them back down. It was a real pain in the arse. Then I started piercing them and ended up with oil being squirted all over the walls which discoloured and wouldn't come off! Don't think my boss ever worked out what it was actually from though :laugh:

lol My guys eat them like candy... and I've managed to avoid staining the walls, so not as bad an experience as you've had!!

Did you ever try the EPO from the Groomers Range?

You mean the shampoos and stuff? No, I haven't, but I've heard of them... It was one of those things where you hear about it, but are trying to sort out other things first, and I think I emailed the people and asked if there was Propylene Glycol in it and never got a response, so bugger them! :laugh: Cos I'm not putting anything on Asher if it might contain it!

Nah they also have an EPO supplement - comes in a 500ml and 1ltre bottle of the liquid. I tried it once but never saw any response, but wondering if maybe I wasn't giving enough

Oh right... well it might be worth trying again at the higher dose, like we are. Like I said, made no appreciable diff at the lower dose for us, so I'm interested to see what the higher dose does! Borage (star flower), Safflower or Sunflower are the others you could use.

We had brilliant success with the Borgae (held Zayda together when she was off salmon oil on the last elim diet), so if I don't see results with the EPO (cheaper) then I will rechallenge the Borage for Asher and put them on that.

Edited by zayda_asher

Might give it a go again after I finish the current bottle of megaderm.

We're having a crapola time with his allergies at the moment which sucks because I usually look forward to the cooler months because his symptoms usually reduce, but not this time!

Time to do another food elimination diet soon I think too. But hey, maybe our Sogeval range will be miracle cure success!