Melbourne Western Suburbs

G'day, well as the title suggests I'm looking around for a dog obedience group or club in Melbournes western suburbs area? I've got a 5 month old pup who I would like to have better control over, and I've been told that it is good to have a well socialized dog. I'm sure it has probably been asked before but I couldn't find anything, so anyone's help and comments would be appreciated. Cheers.

Woodsy, good luck in your search.

I had a puppy buyer who really struggled to find a friendly suitable club, but that may also of been because of the breed she had. Of those clubs that were contacted many did not like Rottweilers and insisted on what I call unsuitable equipment, expectations and stereotyping for a puppy, but hey each to their own. :(

This puppy buyer now travels a little further to come training with a Rottweiler friendly Obedience club.

I am a member at Werribee and have found them very helpful with my DA Border Collie. They let you use what training equipment you like and don't have a one eyed view on things. Also they accept any breed.

I used to go to the Werribee Dog club when I lived in that area, and for the time I was there, they all seemed pleasant enough. Granted I was not there for long. I now attend the Sunbury Dog club (but I am naughty and haven't been for awhile) and I am also very happy with everyone there.