Washing My Dog In The Garden

GSDowner

IN the middle of summer why cant the hose be used - they shouldnt get too cold in this heat (if you are in SA or Vic)?

If the dog is getting a proper bath its in the bath but if she is getting the quick version its in the backyard with the hose (though this takes two of us due to issues with the dog & dislike for hose).

Well, I am talking about water from the kitchen as the kitchen is the closest.

Water pressure would be solved by putting a bucket higher ie on a chair (I use several buckets)

I rinse my dog by using an ice cream container and dip it in the bucket but still he does not like it and it is not possible to get to all parts of his body.

I looked at a jerry can in Bunnings but taps are too small there.

My dog hates washing so there is no way he would step into a bath.

Thanks so much to everyone for various ideas which I will try.

There is no way you'd get the pressure you need from gravity from a bucket.

Like a previous poster suggested - you can get attachments to fit your garden hose to your laundry or kitchen tap so you can run continuous warm water at a reasonable pressure to wherever it is that you need.

Our hydrobath doesnt have a heater so my husband (ex plumber) rigged up a hot water tap that we can click a short length of garden hose onto. The other end has one of these trigger sprayers. Even if using the hydrobath you sometimes need to wash off with clean water ie if using Malaseb.

When we go camping we have a shower atttachment that plugs into the cigarette lighter. They can be purchased from most camping shops for approx $20 and have a small pump attached that has enough pressure to have a normal shower. Can you wash your dog a couple of meters away from where you park your car?? We have a 20 litre plastic jerry can when camping and that is plenty of water along with the camp shower.

A normal bucket placed on a chair or ladder will not have enough pressure.

Before I brought a hydrobath I had an attachment I'd brought form the hardware place that attches to a flick mixer spout and than you can attach your garden hose to it and I had a soft spray nozzle on the other end.Much easier than carrying water

I was going to suggest this too!

I just use a hose in the warmer months and if i have to wash them in the colder months carry a bucket or two of warm water to the back yard, take them to the vet and pay to use their hydro bath or put them in my bath with rubber mats on the bottom so they don't slip.