Se Qld Camping With Dogs.

Yacket's Mum

I just found out that Thunderbird park at Mt tamborine have beautiful camp sites which also allow you to take your dogs camping with you....yeah :thumbsup:

I have booked a long weekend in feb with hubby and our 2 greyhounds to have some time out.

Didn't think it was to expensive $14 per person and you have to pay for showers! that is unpowered caravan site on the creek. And with all the rug rats going back to school the week before hopefully it will be nice and quite and they have NO phone reception up there so no pesky calls...

Wow, thanks for that. It is only about 45 mins from my place and I have been looking for somewhere to take the dogs that's close enough that if I've had enough I can go home quickly. I'm only new to camping :thumbsup: I lasted one night last time and left OH and the kids at the camp ground for another three nights.

I am so glad to that I found it as we are only about 20mins away and we can have a break and also take the dogs with us...They seem to be forever left home cause you can't take there here or there ect so very happy one so close and yet just far enough away for a change.

Have not taken Yacket camping yet so will be very interesting...he is a good boy though and he loves his crate so all will be good.

wow I never knew you could take your dogs up there. I have been wanting to take my boy camping for ages. Might give it a try we are only 20 minutes away from there too but its a beautiful place.

I know it was a big surprise to find you can take the dogs.

I just found out that Thunderbird park at Mt tamborine have beautiful camp sites which also allow you to take your dogs camping with you....yeah :rofl:

I have booked a long weekend in feb with hubby and our 2 greyhounds to have some time out.

Didn't think it was to expensive $14 per person and you have to pay for showers! that is unpowered caravan site on the creek. And with all the rug rats going back to school the week before hopefully it will be nice and quite and they have NO phone reception up there so no pesky calls...

:rofl: Oh bad bad memories of thunderbird park, when I was little my family went up there for my nieces birthday. We were horse riding and my dad was standing watching then he got hit in the head with a boomerang got 10 stitches and has mental problems because of it. Mind you this was a few years ago, they didn't have signs indicating there was boomerang throwing practice going. So hopefully they would today.

We went camping there last year in Jan - it was great except in rained the whole time, and we found that the campsites were'nt level and the ground was really rough. Great to have the stream to have a cool down in, great to have an open fire at your campsite, and the restaurant onsite has amazing food.

My biggest tip though - they advertise bbq's at each camppsite - what they mean is there are open fireplaces - bring a grill plate if you actually want to cook bbq food.

We went camping before we had a dog, but i'd love to go back with Sophie! not till she's much more obediant though!

We used to go camping there alot when our kids were younger. It really is a beautiful place.

We always took our dogs with us. They had a great time and we never had any problems with other campers and their dogs.

There are lots of nice walks you can do and the facilities arnt bad at all.

We did however have a problem with the lady that used to own (or lease maybe?) it. (dont know if she is still there or not)

She had 2 dogs that were always off lead. Nice dogs but used to always get in other dogs faces.

When asked if she wouldnt mind calling her dogs off we were told it was her park and if we didnt like it we could F@*% off.

Charming person!