Silly People At Dog Parks.

The other day I was at a dog park and I over heard this lady saying "You have to watch out for that big brown dog, he is dangerous because he isn't desexed. He's also not allowed here" Then I realised she was talking about my dog. I was gob smacked my dog is a loner he runs around the park by himself minding his own business he is more interested on peeing on everything rather then playing with dogs. Whilst some female dog over the other side of the park was having a go at every dog that came near her.

What annoyed me is she was telling a young group of Asians, who wouldn't have known better. So every time my dog went near theirs (to pee on the tree next to the dog) they call it away or pick it up.

And since when are entire male dogs not allowed at dog parks?

I had to leave before I gave her a piece of my mind :banghead:

What are your "Silly people at dog parks" stories?

Edited by Miss BeRidgierent

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is copied and pasted from a post i just made in a different topid -

I think people think dogs have no right to be walked? We had a situation at the dog park last week when our girl was running around with a Tibetan Mastiff having big bouncy doggie play-fights and chasies, when a couple came to play at the park with their 3yr old daughter. AND NO DOGS. Just thought they'd bring their 3yr old who was wearing no shoes play on the agility equipment! Luckily i saw her before she saw us and put a lead on sophie, as the kid spotted her and ran at her wanting to "pat the puppy". Soph is fine with older kids but i've not had her round kids younger than about 7, and playing or not, she could really hurt the kid. So i calmly told them to keep their child away from strange dogs, and suggested that maybe they take her to a playground rather than a dog park - to which the guy said - F&%$ off, it's a free country! To which i said, "I understand that but if your daughter doesn't get hurt or eaten by a less controlled dog, then there's as much chance she'll step on a snake or in dog crap and get worms'. Geesh! They left about 5mins later so we could all let our dogs go and play. This is at Kroll Gardens, which has massive fences and signs and poo bins, so very clearly a dog park. Sigh. Some people.

Edit - I see you are in Brisbane too! Well people are always calling dogs away from my harmless GSD - maybe we should meet up and betwen us we can probably clear out the park - :banghead:

Edited by NicGSDlover

The other day I was at a dog park and I over heard this lady saying "You have to watch out for that big brown dog, he is dangerous because he isn't desexed. He's also not allowed here" Then I realised she was talking about my dog. I was gob smacked my dog is a loner he runs around the park by himself minding his own business he is more interested on peeing on everything rather then playing with dogs. Whilst some female dog over the other side of the park was having a go at every dog that came near her.

What annoyed me is she was telling a young group of Asians, who wouldn't have known better. So every time my dog went near theirs (to pee on the tree next to the dog) they call it away or pick it up.

I had to leave before I gave her a piece of my mind :mad

I had a dog run up to me, cock their leg and pee on MY leg at a dog beach

The owner watched them do it then casually called them away :banghead:

This is copied and pasted from a post i just made in a different topid -

I think people think dogs have no right to be walked? We had a situation at the dog park last week when our girl was running around with a Tibetan Mastiff having big bouncy doggie play-fights and chasies, when a couple came to play at the park with their 3yr old daughter. AND NO DOGS. Just thought they'd bring their 3yr old who was wearing no shoes play on the agility equipment! Luckily i saw her before she saw us and put a lead on sophie, as the kid spotted her and ran at her wanting to "pat the puppy". Soph is fine with older kids but i've not had her round kids younger than about 7, and playing or not, she could really hurt the kid. So i calmly told them to keep their child away from strange dogs, and suggested that maybe they take her to a playground rather than a dog park - to which the guy said - F&%$ off, it's a free country! To which i said, "I understand that but if your daughter doesn't get hurt or eaten by a less controlled dog, then there's as much chance she'll step on a snake or in dog crap and get worms'. Geesh! They left about 5mins later so we could all let our dogs go and play. This is at Kroll Gardens, which has massive fences and signs and poo bins, so very clearly a dog park. Sigh. Some people.

Edit - I see you are in Brisbane too! Well people are always calling dogs away from my harmless GSD - maybe we should meet up and betwen us we can probably clear out the park - :mad

What goes on in peoples minds??? Seriously. Sure let take our 3 yr old to the dog park! :mad

:banghead: now thats a great idea.

I had to leave before I gave her a piece of my mind :mad

I had a dog run up to me, cock their leg and pee on MY leg at a dog beach

The owner watched them do it then casually called them away :mad

:mad now thats is a little funny, but not on behalf of the owners. Boss has actually peed on me once only because we got to the park and the dogs wouldn't leave him alone so he came over to me and they were still pestering him so he decided to pee on me :banghead:

Hehe - lets do it - i'm always up for Doggie Playdates - and I dont care if a dog is entire as long as he doesn't get his freak on with my girl, who is desexed, but when i took her for a visit with her old owners their other GSD who is a male had forgotten Sophie used to be the boss of him took interest in Sophie, and my poor dear baby kept hiding as he was determined to have his way with her. I half laughed and half screamed when he decided to violate her in the ear :banghead: So yes - as long as they keep their pride and joy to themselves, no worries!

And peeing - haha - I was chatting to a lady on Saturday at the dog park and scratching the chin of her dear little terrier when i noticed that he was peeing down the side of my black leather handbag! Yuck. Luckily i had wet wipes in my bag! But i've told hubby this is a dogs way of telling me that it's worth the money to buy a houndbag :mad

What annoyed me is she was telling a young group of Asians, who wouldn't have known better.

Yes she was in the wrong, but so are you. :banghead:

how so?

Because they are Asian they would not have known any better, How do you not see that as wrong?

What annoyed me is she was telling a young group of Asians, who wouldn't have known better.

how so?

Because they are Asian they would not have known any better, How do you not see that as wrong?

because they would call there dog away from mine as if say oh that dog is dangerous, listening to what the lady was saying. So they were judging my dog on what some lady said. Sorry but they didn't know better

how so?

because they would call there dog away from mine as if say oh that dog is dangerous, listening to what the lady was saying. So they were judging my dog on what some lady said. Sorry but they didn't know better

You implied because they were Asian, so they knew no better.

How do you know they were not just practicing recall?

You had your chance to correct them instead you did nothing, you decided to whinge here instead.

how so?

You had your chance to correct them instead you did nothing, you decided to whinge here instead.

No need to get nasty! I get that what 'Miss BeRidgierent' said could be interpreted as an offensive remark, but she explained she didn't mean it like that.

If people aren't allowed to have the occassional whinge on DOL there wouldn't be many members left :mad

No need to get nasty! I get that what 'Miss BeRidgierent' said could be interpreted as an offensive remark, but she explained she didn't mean it like that.

If people aren't allowed to have the occassional whinge on DOL there wouldn't be many members left :banghead:

Please point out where i was nasty?

Yes people can whinge good for them, i have also done it myself many times.

Try being pro active so it does not happen again.

She may just find herself at the dog park with no doggy friends now, as they so called `Asians who know no better`

have told everyone else about her dangerous dog :mad

I saw that as nasty, sorry I see from your last post you meant it in a helpful way.

It just really upsets me how some people on here are so quick are to be negative to others, sorry if I misinterpreted

I have started taking Honey to a nearby dog park that usually only has a couple of dogs there and the owners tend to walk a lap of the track instead of chatting. I go there for both those reasons.

However, as it is school hols and I have been going a little later just now, I have twice come across a snooty woman who has a large male Goldie who immediately runs up to Honey and starts humping her! :banghead:

The first time I tried to remain civil and waited for her to get her dog off (could have been a one off), yesterday I was much grumpier about it and I told him off myself and tried to push him away with my chuckit. Poor Honey was growling at him and he still didnt budge.

The stupid woman slowly came and got him, glared at me and walked away, no apology or anything.

Then I had to protect Honey from her friend's dog who kept getting in her face. The idiots were just wandering the park as if they owned it, ignoring everyone else.

I think I will start going earlier again. :mad

how so?

They were not practicing recall, they would only call/pull/pick up their dog if MINE was near theirs.

And I was not implying that at all.

The last couple of times I went to our local dog park it was slowly disappearing under all the dog poop. There's a bin with a dispenser with plastic bags, and still the morons can't be bothered picking up after their dogs. I understand that it might be possible to miss the occasional dog poop, especially if they sneak off into the bushes to do it, but this is more than that. You couldn't walk more than about five steps without 'finding' one. I haven't been back.

If someone told me that there was a dangerous dog at the park I would keep my dog away from them. And I'm not Asian. :banghead: .

Your post implied that BECAUSE there were Asian they didn't know better. You might have meant no offense, but you are perpetuating a stereotype that Asian's don't know much about dogs. It is silly and untrue.