After A Sewing Pattern

shazza

If it's for a Wei I have a tailor made pattern for the Pointers, which also fits Wei's and Dobes perfectly. I'd be happy to make a fleece coat for you

Yes it is for a Wei..I already have some Polar Fleece so I am looking for a pattern that I can make up myself...thanks for the offer though :(

Did you just want a pattern that has velcro around the front and a belly strap ?

If so I have "home made " patterns , they are just cut out on butchers paper . That is it isn't a commercial one and doesn't have instructions but are so easy to sew up .

Edited by MTD

Did you just want a pattern that has velcro around the front and a belly strap ?

If so I have "home made " patterns , they are just cut out on butchers paper . That is it isn't a commercial one and doesn't have instructions but are so easy to sew up .

I was thinking of one that was a pull on one piece because I thought there would be less chance of him trying to pull it off.

I was thinking of one that was a pull on one piece because I thought there would be less chance of him trying to pull it off.

oh ok. I have the simplicity pattern #3939 which isn't too hard to follow. I bought it through ebay

Did manage to make Maggie one last year. The best thing with the polar fleece is that is doesn't fray

RIMG0673.jpg

RIMG0670.jpg

oh ok. I have the simplicity pattern #3939 which isn't too hard to follow. I bought it through ebay

Did manage to make Maggie one last year. The best thing with the polar fleece is that is doesn't fray

RIMG0673.jpg

RIMG0670.jpg

That looks so cute .....I did come across the Simplicity 3939 when googling and had made a note to check that one out.

I sat down with some paper and a pencil and started of with a basic horse rug shape and went from there!

I now have slightly different patterns for different coats eg Polar fleece, waterproof, cooling coat. They are also customised to each of my dogs. AHs be worn a coat before? maybe you could use that as a starting point and change the bits you would like changed.

I sew mine together at the front as I find velcro is too easy for an inquisitve Whippet to pull open (and chew!), but do have a belly/chest strap that velcros and don't have a problem with that.