Breeds 101 Question

N@Dog

ah k, there may not be then, cause i went to alphabetical list and wasnt there.

are there still some breeders who breed johnson and scott types? or are the Ambull these days a mix and pretty much one dog?

American Bull Dog is not recognized by the ANKC, so will not be in the dog breeds list - only for registered breeds.

I believe there are breeders of both lines of bulldogs. Some are on the forum, so will probably answer you soon :laugh:

I saw the same litter in the same shop - well so I'm assuming, otherwise that's a pretty big coincidence! :( I loved the little fella with the brindle/black patch on his eye...CUTE AS! :mad They were all adorable, poor things being in there. Right next to Kelpie X Border Collies who were "On Special!!! Ask Inside!!!" :(

Just SO wrong to be selling them in a pet shop. Some breeds should never be sold in pet shops, chows, maremmas, and Am bulldogs. What could the breeder have been thinking. Not much apparently!! If they are even purebred.

Was it Pets Purgatory?

I really like them (they are like big boxers, of course I like them!!), but they aren't for everyone, and they need to be carefully bred from selected lines. Great dogs.

Just SO wrong to be selling them in a pet shop. Some breeds should never be sold in pet shops, chows, maremmas, and Am bulldogs. What could the breeder have been thinking. Not much apparently!! If they are even purebred.

Was it Pets Purgatory?

I really like them (they are like big boxers, of course I like them!!), but they aren't for everyone, and they need to be carefully bred from selected lines. Great dogs.

Yep you got it in one Jed. They sure looked like white Boxer babies to my un-Boxer-trained eye :laugh: Absolutely gorgeous, but definitely the wrong place for them :laugh:

I saw the same litter in the same shop - well so I'm assuming, otherwise that's a pretty big coincidence! :laugh: I loved the little fella with the brindle/black patch on his eye...CUTE AS! :laugh: They were all adorable, poor things being in there. Right next to Kelpie X Border Collies who were "On Special!!! Ask Inside!!!" :laugh:

yea! pet's paradise TTP?

i was staring at the same little guy for like (what felt like) 30mins, he was the one i liked the look of! hows that ey, amazing coinsidence, liked the same dog too haha

Were's the American Bulldog in the Breed's 101 section, was intersted in the breed standard, but i cant find it :S

What amstaffs not good enough for ya?! Are you compiling a list bulldog breed standards or something....just teasing, are you looking at buying a bulldog breed or just interested in them as a whole, 'cause i love them all!

If the latter, you could also look at Alapaha blue blood bulldogs and the Antebellum bulldog, none of which are here i believe.

remember standards are what breeders try to aim for, but many dogs of many breeds look far from what the standard says, though are 100% purebred.