Akc Compatability With Australian Register

tunagirll

Can they be ANKC registered if they come from ANKC registered parents - say for example there is one parti in a litter of blacks which are being registered?

They are beautiful. There were 2 at Puppy preschool when I took Angel and Tricky came from a breeder on the NSW coast.

Yes, they would have to be registerable on limited with the ANKC. It's no different to a longcoat GSD???. Providing the parents were ligitimately eligible for main register, I can't see how they can be rejected along with any other disqualifing fault with any other breed on limited register.

Considering the historical connection with the Partis (have images of several old paintings etc of water dogs which very much resemble parti coloured poodles), why on earth are they not recognised? They are :vomit:

No idea why they weren't included in the original standards. :cheer:

Quite a few poodle folk are concerned that if allowed in, the quest for flashy markings will see the overall quality of dogs plummet. I can see their point.

Oh, do they REALLY think so - it's not as though some breeders are breeding solely for colour right now, is it? :flame:

In the 1800's parti poodles were common. It is only since dog registrations & dog showing that solid colours only are permitted in some countries. Man made standard.

Some of them are very pretty but some just look a mess. As it is just a cosmetic thing & does not impact on the dogs health in any way it would increase the gene pool considerably to allow main registration on them.

Sometimes I do wonder when I see them for sale here BYB if they have crossed something else in there.

The lady in QLD that has bred the minis (used to be a reg breeder) is said to have took a long time to perfect her parti colours they do look nice & much better than those produced by random breeding as seen on some USA sites.

Personal taste really.

Great link. Had a look & I love the standard Naika on the left on poodle/colour grooming page from the Only For You kennel in Germany. So symmetrical the markings. Doesn't work on apricot/white combination well though.

Edited by Christina

In the 1800's parti poodles were common. It is only since dog registrations & dog showing that solid colours only are permitted in some countries. Man made standard.

Some of them are very pretty but some just look a mess. As it is just a cosmetic thing & does not impact on the dogs health in any way it would increase the gene pool considerably to allow main registration on them.

Sometimes I do wonder when I see them for sale here BYB if they have crossed something else in there.

The lady in QLD that has bred the minis (used to be a reg breeder) is said to have took a long time to perfect her parti colours they do look nice & much better than those produced by random breeding as seen on some USA sites.

Personal taste really.

Great link. Had a look & I love the standard Naika on the left on poodle/colour grooming page from the Only For You kennel in Germany. So symmetrical the markings. Doesn't work on apricot/white combination well though.

Part of the poor quality would have to come from fanciers of the parti's not being able to use the best conformed dogs in their programs though? I mean, it is against the CoE to breed Main reg. with a limit or unreg. dog... so those who want to keep the parti's going have to go it alone or break the CoE.

Considering the historical connection with the Partis (have images of several old paintings etc of water dogs which very much resemble parti coloured poodles), why on earth are they not recognised? They are :cry:

No idea why they weren't included in the original standards. :(

Quite a few poodle folk are concerned that if allowed in, the quest for flashy markings will see the overall quality of dogs plummet. I can see their point.

Oh, do they REALLY think so - it's not as though some breeders are breeding solely for colour right now, is it? :(

Yes, and isn't the standard and temperament of some of those dogs a case in point against doing it. :mad

Edited by poodlefan

Looking at those photos though, some of them don't seem quite right... I am certainly no poodle expert, but some of them had coats that seemed too wavy and soft compared to show poodles. And some of them just didn't look right! LOL! I guess these photos could have come from anywhere, but is there the quality/type in these colours that solid colours have?

Looking at those photos though, some of them don't seem quite right... I am certainly no poodle expert, but some of them had coats that seemed too wavy and soft compared to show poodles. And some of them just didn't look right! LOL! I guess these photos could have come from anywhere, but is there the quality/type in these colours that solid colours have?

Most would argue not.. and that's what those who oppose recognition of the parti's are worried about.

Considering the historical connection with the Partis (have images of several old paintings etc of water dogs which very much resemble parti coloured poodles), why on earth are they not recognised? They are :grouphug:

No idea why they weren't included in the original standards. :)

Oh, do they REALLY think so - it's not as though some breeders are breeding solely for colour right now, is it? :party:

Yes, and isn't the standard and temperament of some of those dogs a case in point against doing it. :(

My thoughts exactly! :laugh:

You can't tell the coat quality from a photo Kirty, or from a poodle running around the show ring.

Its a hands on thing & can be quite an illusion due to the skill of the groomer & products used. A top titled poodle can have an acceptable coat & a scruffy pet may have a fabulous textured coat but you can't tell if its not made the best of. Skills vary.

The best way to judge a poodle coat is to plunge your hands into it, same as the best way to see a poodle structure is to put it in the bath & wet it. What can look perfect with a great grooming job may disguise that slight roach in the back, bit short neck

slightly long body & various other small things. The uneven colour/patches can create illusions.

There were some nice dogs on there. The colours would not affect the coat quality, In general blacks have the best coats but not every time, its the genetics & combination of the parent pair & can vary in pups in the same litter.