Akc Compatability With Australian Register

tunagirll

Just been in a conversation with a poodle breeder who claims to have particoloured poodles that are purebred and registereable AKC and CKC, however apparently this is not 'transferable to Australia', 'due to their exotic colours'.

I know parti doesn't exist in poodles, so what gives?

Parri colour, harlequin and phantom poodles do exist. They may not be registered in Australia. Only solid colours are allowed.

The AKC did not accept any colour other than solid either .... however, the AKC/UKC rules regarding colour may have changed since I looked. You could perhaps check the poodle standard on the AKC website.

Parti Poodles do indeed exist - just google them, there is lots of easily found info on them.

There is a breeder in SA, I think, with pure bred poodles in particolour. You could google her with Australian particoloured poodles, I think.

BUT, I think you can still register them even if they are a DQ.

The AKC will register most colours/varieties in most breeds I think. I know that sable American Cockers are a DQ in the USA but they will still register them. You just cannot show them.

And I don't think the ANKC can NOT register an animal which has been accepted for registration in a country with which they have reciprocal registration agreements. I know that sable American Cockers have been registered in Australia, but that is only because the colour isn't a DQ here so I'm not sure about animals which are registered in one country but not allowed here....a call to a CC might be in order.

Just been in a conversation with a poodle breeder who claims to have particoloured poodles that are purebred and registereable AKC and CKC, however apparently this is not 'transferable to Australia', 'due to their exotic colours'.

It sure does exist (as does brindle) and historically partis were very common.

Good Parti Website

Edited by poodlefan

It sure does exist (as does brindle) and historically partis were very common.

Good Parti Website

Wow....Brindle Poodles. If someone had randomly told me Poodles came in brindle I would have thought they were either misinformed or telling porkies.

There is a brown and white parti poodle at my agility training which is limit registered.

She is only Associate registered so she can do agility :laugh: As said, parti coloured poodles can not be registered on the main or limit registries. But they do exist :laugh:

My mistake Mirawee :rofl:

There is a brown and white parti poodle at my agility training which is limit registered.

She is only Associate registered so she can do agility :D As said, parti coloured poodles can not be registered on the main or limit registries. But they do exist :)

I think I'm in love with the Phantom black and cream tan point poodles. :)

Do you think they will ever be accepted here to show?

Don't hold your breath. :rofl:

My friend's phantom silver Mini is ANKC registered.. as a silver and on Limited Register.

Edited by poodlefan

Considering the historical connection with the Partis (have images of several old paintings etc of water dogs which very much resemble parti coloured poodles), why on earth are they not recognised? They are :rofl:

No idea why they weren't included in the original standards. :)

Quite a few poodle folk are concerned that if allowed in, the quest for flashy markings will see the overall quality of dogs plummet. I can see their point.

Considering the historical connection with the Partis (have images of several old paintings etc of water dogs which very much resemble parti coloured poodles), why on earth are they not recognised? They are :rofl:

No idea why they weren't included in the original standards. :)

Quite a few poodle folk are concerned that if allowed in, the quest for flashy markings will see the overall quality of dogs plummet. I can see their point.

Yeah, I can understand that. Still a shame, though.

Can they be ANKC registered if they come from ANKC registered parents - say for example there is one parti in a litter of blacks which are being registered?

They are beautiful. There were 2 at Puppy preschool when I took Angel and Tricky came from a breeder on the NSW coast.