Pup Home

PuggaWuggles

Precious pup home after dogged hunt- http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...87-3102,00.html

WHEN an alleged thief scooped up the tiny white ball of fluff, Ellen Moloney thought she would not see the precious pomeranian again.

The nine-week-old puppy became the subject of a police hunt after going missing from Keperra Petworks on January 19.

Yesterday, covered in fleas and a little worse for wear, the puppy was returned.

Police found her on Tuesday at a Wynnum home after tracing a car with stolen plates to the address.

Ms Moloney said she had sleepless nights worrying about the dog.

"We love the puppies so much and we always try to make sure they are going to good homes," she said.

With new name Snowflake, the puppy was rushed off to the vet for a check-up yesterday.

Ms Moloney said the dog could be up for sale again after the vet check, but she suspected a Petworks staff member might take her home.

"She's certainly become a bit of a star," she said.

Police have charged a man with stealing and a woman with receiving stolen property. The two will appear in court on February 22.

Oh my goodness! I have to read these stories a lot more carefully - I completely missed the part about the pup being from a pet shop!

In that case, I agree with all of you - it seems she was more concerned about losing money than the welfare of the pup.