Bega Valley Kennel Show, 5th, 6th And 7th

Bjelkier

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyone else braving it this weekend with what sounds like is going to be vile weather, or am I the only mad hatter camping and showing all three days? :laugh:

We're going and thanks to your post I just checked the weather. TG we are only showing a Baby Afghan and staying with friends so we can dunk the little bugger in a bath if we have to (and stay back at their place and have prawns and white wine if it all looks too dire...).

Will pack extra towels and rain gear. What is it about that weekend? I remember one year it rained so much the obedience field was under 3 inches of water and they had to cancel the trial

So anyone else braving it this weekend with what sounds like is going to be vile weather, or am I the only mad hatter camping and showing all three days? :laugh:

We're going and thanks to your post I just checked the weather. TG we are only showing a Baby Afghan and staying with friends so we can dunk the little bugger in a bath if we have to (and stay back at their place and have prawns and white wine if it all looks too dire...).

Will pack extra towels and rain gear. What is it about that weekend? I remember one year it rained so much the obedience field was under 3 inches of water and they had to cancel the trial

I thought I saw Bear with a little Affie pup at Bungendore (unless I'm going mad and seeing things again :D )

I'm taking a battery pack and the hair dryer for the Sammies along with about 100 towels! And I'll be going for my boys CCD which I'm not looking forward to in pouring rain.

Just really hope the tent is as good as the sales guy told me it is :D

Just seen the weather forecast! OMG! I am making the pilgrimage with 4 entries for myself and a friend is hopping in the ute with me and bringing her girl. We will show a total of 5 Border Terriers, and have an extra 2 with us for the ride!

I have phoned the Secretary twice and left message but no reply ........ I just want to know if we can put up a canopy the night before, as battling a thunderstorm with 7 dogs, show clothes on and first in the ring, is a bit daunting.

Think I'll leave the pink silk suit in the wardrobe and find some more robust fabrics for this weekend!

Cheers

Gaela

Just seen the weather forecast! OMG! I am making the pilgrimage with 4 entries for myself and a friend is hopping in the ute with me and bringing her girl. We will show a total of 5 Border Terriers, and have an extra 2 with us for the ride!

I have phoned the Secretary twice and left message but no reply ........ I just want to know if we can put up a canopy the night before, as battling a thunderstorm with 7 dogs, show clothes on and first in the ring, is a bit daunting.

Think I'll leave the pink silk suit in the wardrobe and find some more robust fabrics for this weekend!

Cheers

Gaela

Are you camping there?

Cheers

Gaela

:laugh: Have fun :D

Cheers

Gaela

:D Have fun :o

You smarty-pants, young Elsa! I've got my "strapper" with me - just don't tell Diana that is what I have in mind! :D :laugh:

Cheers

Gaela

Are you camping there?

:D You obviously don't know me! :laugh: The canopy is as close as I will get to camping! We have a family cottage at Regatta Park Holiday Park and it was pretty good value at $90 per night for both of us. It is off peak there now. I feel for you all doing the camping thing especially in the wet weather. I don't have any camping gear and believe me I have no intention of ever buying any.

See you there.

Cheers

Gaela

Cheers

Gaela

Are you camping there?

:D You obviously don't know me! :D The canopy is as close as I will get to camping! We have a family cottage at Regatta Park Holiday Park and it was pretty good value at $90 per night for both of us. It is off peak there now. I feel for you all doing the camping thing especially in the wet weather. I don't have any camping gear and believe me I have no intention of ever buying any.

See you there.

Cheers

Gaela

:laugh:

A cabin sounds really good but after my OH made me buy a 400 something dollar tent I told him on pain of death that he has to use it at least once.

I'm starting to think that isn't such a good thing for me.... :o

Edited by Wolfsong

You poor thing! When I met my Partner, one of my first questions was "please tell me you hate camping?" You can guess what his answer was - he is still with me! If I see a face pressed to the glass doors of the cabin, I will know who it is! :laugh:

We have been going for about 3 years now, loved this circuit.

Not going this year unfortunatly :p :whee::wave:

One year we tried to do obedience trials with our male while our bitch started her season, he got very low scores in the obedience

BUT did very well in the conformation. :):angel:

I do hope you all dont get washed away.

There is usually a food stand that a couple run that sells spring rolls. They are just the yummiest spring rolls & a decent size & price :heart::laugh:

BB

Yesterday was a complete soaking - Wolfsong has pix when she gets back. It rained and rained. The judge in our ring (Mrs Watson from WA) was an incredibly good sport about the whole thing. Big props to her for making a difficult situation a good humoured one.

Unfortunately this morning we are waiting to hear from a mechanic in Narooma about our car which broke down on the way back to where we are staying - in the middle of a thunderstorm, going up a hill, towing a trailer with 4 dogs in it, in an area with no mobile coverage. Fortunately the NRMA and police stopped when they saw us there. Also, a big thank you to the two nice Cavalier ladies who stopped - sorry, I did not get your names.

I understand at least one of the roads into Bermie is closed too today.

Yesterday was a complete soaking - Wolfsong has pix when she gets back. It rained and rained. The judge in our ring (Mrs Watson from WA) was an incredibly good sport about the whole thing. Big props to her for making a difficult situation a good humoured one.

Unfortunately this morning we are waiting to hear from a mechanic in Narooma about our car which broke down on the way back to where we are staying - in the middle of a thunderstorm, going up a hill, towing a trailer with 4 dogs in it, in an area with no mobile coverage. Fortunately the NRMA and police stopped when they saw us there. Also, a big thank you to the two nice Cavalier ladies who stopped - sorry, I did not get your names.

How's the car SSM? Do you need "rescue"?

I gave up after our whole camp was soaked threw so we stumbled back home after hanging around for General Specials (which offcause after waiting for we got nothing :o )

But Icemist stayed and apparently its ok today, the grounds are no longer a total lake and obediance might be going ahead tomorrow so we will be heading back down for Sunday (thankfully its not a long drive!)

I also have to give a cheer to the Judge Mrs Watson, wow she was so good about the whole thing and made the day fun when it could have been totally horrible.

And I will post the photos a little bit later after I dry out my car :p

SSM, how is the car?

Edited by Wolfsong

:o I'm also up for a mercy dash if you need it ssm. Or if you want company pf.

Glad I didn't go now although I was tempted just to run down for today. Chickened out in case it was still wet.

I remember Marion Watson, good on her for making the best of it.

:o I'm also up for a mercy dash if you need it ssm. Or if you want company pf.

Glad I didn't go now although I was tempted just to run down for today. Chickened out in case it was still wet.

I remember Marion Watson, good on her for making the best of it.

I have a tow bar if you need help to get the trailer back guys. If I'm needed Kerry some company would be good. I'll await any requests for retrievals. :D

I hadn't entered. Certainly not sorry about that now. :smashpc:

I have a tow bar if you need help to get the trailer back guys. If I'm needed Kerry some company would be good. I'll await any requests for retrievals. :D

I hadn't entered. Certainly not sorry about that now. :smashpc:

Happy to be company, I'm busy avoiding doing the housework :o If you don't have my number pf it's in the book.

Here are some photos but they don't show how terrible it actually became, the whole place was flooded knee deep :D

Bega5thFeb33.jpg

The judge gave up eventually and ditched the coat and stood in the rain in her suit and hat :smashpc::o

Bega5thFeb47.jpg

Bega5thFeb49.jpg

Bega5thFeb12.jpg

Edited by Wolfsong