Bushfire Remembrance Sunday 7 Feb

d_dambe

Note - for Sunday 7 February 2010, taken from the Victorian Bushfire Reconstruction & Recovery Authority website, unfortunately no time is given for the moment's silence, the Victorian remembrance service is from 12 noon

The Prime Minister has also resolved for the Australian National Flag to be flown at half-mast and for the nation to pause for a moment’s silence.

http://www.wewillrebuild.vic.gov.au/latest...ce-service.html

:laugh: :laugh: Must say I was disapointed by the number of people who didnt bother to either stand or remain silent at Ballarats dog show today

There were several announcements over the PA...maybe the people right up the back didnt hear but as for the people around grp 1 & 2 ring you have no excuse.

;) :laugh: Must say I was disapointed by the number of people who didnt bother to either stand or remain silent at Ballarats dog show today

There were several announcements over the PA...maybe the people right up the back didnt hear but as for the people around grp 1 & 2 ring you have no excuse.

fbc BBJ said to me on the way home I wonder what happened to the minute silence.

We heard the announcement that it was to happen at 12md. and then nothing further.

Unlike the stuff up at KKC where the PA system had a splutter having him saying now we will have a minute silence So we all go silent and he comes on again and says we will have a minute silence which we are already doing then it splutters again.

Rather embarrassing.

Yes up in Group 5 we heard nothing. Had no watch and friend said "Aren't we having a minutes silence at 12 ?" Went straight to judging. There was definately nothing up there which is sad. Had my own reflection on it on Saturday. Just as well.