Unbelievable

Kirty

I just an ad on another website, that went something along the lines of 'wanted to swap - pedigree Cavalier for pedigree kitten'. What the hell? Sick of the puppy so swap it for a kitten? Unbelievable. Puppy is apparently from a registered breeder so if you sold a Cav puppy to someone is Yass, you might want to check in to make sure its not yours. :o

I had the same sort of thing happen at my shelter last month. They purchased a pet shop puppy over christmas (of course!) and it chewed up the kids new school shoes so they brought it into the shelter to surrender. Just before they left they asked to be shown through the shelter kittens, as their intentions were to adopt one from us on pay day....needless to say after sitting them down and having a chat they (I hope) decided to not get another pet for awhile.

Very sad indeed.

I had the same sort of thing happen at my shelter last month. They purchased a pet shop puppy over christmas (of course!) and it chewed up the kids new school shoes so they brought it into the shelter to surrender. Just before they left they asked to be shown through the shelter kittens, as their intentions were to adopt one from us on pay day....needless to say after sitting them down and having a chat they (I hope) decided to not get another pet for awhile.

Very sad indeed.

UGH! Idiots! What did they expect? And then to want to get a cat? I hope you told them cats are destructive as well? My cats scratched a pair of my boots to bits recently :o time to get them reaccquainted with their scratching post!

We have a saying in my house though, if something gets destroyed "it's your fault for not putting it away" and you can't blame the animals... :D This is mostly for the benefit of my 9 year old! Although, after losing our last pup he keeps his chewed up toys now in a special place as a reminder of him :smashpc: so I don't think he gets quite as angry about it now.

Well, if it isn't the breeder of the Cav wanting to swap for a kitten, then I'd be concerned and irritated too.

BUT...I confess that a few years ago, I bred a litter of purebred Burmese kittens. At the time, a breeder had a lovely litter of American Cocker puppies. Her husband wanted a Burmese. So we swapped a puppy for a kitten. We both got what we wanted.

Different again HollyMilo - one person has a 4mth old Cav that they apparently paid '$900' for and wants to swap it for a kitten - any breed. The second ad is a 3mth old male Cav that they want to swap for a purebred kitten - any breed. Perhaps this is some sort of scam?

Different again HollyMilo - one person has a 4mth old Cav that they apparently paid '$900' for and wants to swap it for a kitten - any breed. The second ad is a 3mth old male Cav that they want to swap for a purebred kitten - any breed. Perhaps this is some sort of scam?

Hmmmm maybe a scam, I found another ad this morning for a 4mth old female cav on main papers for sale, no mention of swapping for a kitten though. They were in Yass as well.

Unbelievable! :laugh:

I second that..

I just found another ad - different person, different dog but wanting to swap a Cavalier puppy for a kitten!

I think that's the ad I saw, they are wanting a female cav on main reg, will swap for a kitten.

Starting to sound like a scam..