Need Help Finding A Book...

addy001

for the past few days i have been scouring the internet for a copy of a book on DDB's, i have already ordered one but the book im really interested in called

The Saga of the Dogue De Bordeaux: From the Antique Molossus to the Modern Dogue by Raymond Triquet i have found next to impossible to find, its on Amazon but is not available

if anyone knows where i may be able to find a copy i would be very grateful :o

for the past few days i have been scouring the internet for a copy of a book on DDB's, i have already ordered one but the book im really interested in called

The Saga of the Dogue De Bordeaux: From the Antique Molossus to the Modern Dogue by Raymond Triquet i have found next to impossible to find, its on Amazon but is not available

if anyone knows where i may be able to find a copy i would be very grateful :smashpc:

Good luck!!!!! Almost impossible to find a copy of the Saga. I was lucky enough to borrow one for a while from a friend and it is an amazing book, but scarce as hen's teeth these days.

Slightly easier to get hold of are the two World of The Dogues De Bordeaux books (the first book covers 2004 -2005 and the second book covers 2006 - 2007). Worth getting hold of!

Best of luck :o

The 'Saga' has been out of print for a number of years now.

They will occasionally come up on Ebay but expect to pay big $$$$$$ a friend of mine in the UK had a brand new copy still sealed in it's original plastic she had it up for 600pound it didn't take long for it to sell.

I know of another signed copy that sold in the UK for 1000pound.

The world bi-annual is a great book, not the same information as the Saga but still a great read and lots of fabulous photographs. The new one will be released around August/September this year covering 2008-2009.

Google "Dogpile" then 'The Saga of the Dogue De Bordeaux: From the Antique Molossus to the Modern Dogue by Raymond Triquet' into the search box..one of the results is 'Our Collection of Books'..click this and go to the 'order section' this should take you to an intro page, go to the bottom and the next page should be the order page.

I have put the link here (it's probably not in English though maybe it doesn't matter!)

http://members.chello.nl/~r.beijerinck/Sag...e/formulier.htm

• 2 weeks later...

In total we have 7 copies left of the 2006-2007 World of Dogues book, which we sell through the dogueclub.com website. I imagine they will go soon as new people prepare to buy the 2008-2009 issue and then also want the previous bi-annual.

We can take pre-orders for back-copies of the 2004-2005, but they won't be sent until around August when the 2008-2009 book is despatched to Aussie.

Bas Bosch has spoken about a re-print of the Saga in the near future, so hopefully we will get an update soon.

Leanne

In total we have 7 copies left of the 2006-2007 World of Dogues book, which we sell through the dogueclub.com website. I imagine they will go soon as new people prepare to buy the 2008-2009 issue and then also want the previous bi-annual.

We can take pre-orders for back-copies of the 2004-2005, but they won't be sent until around August when the 2008-2009 book is despatched to Aussie.

Bas Bosch has spoken about a re-print of the Saga in the near future, so hopefully we will get an update soon.

Leanne

thanks for the info, after reading what everyone has said about The Saga i really want a copy :thumbsup: so with any luck they will start reprinting :(

and will be ordering the bi-annuals in the next few months :laugh: