Help With A Spot On Riley's Nose - Maybe A Tick?

wagsalot

:D

Heres hoping Riley will be fine...

Am going through what you are going through at the moment and waiting for the test results to come back...

:laugh:

Hopefully you will get good results.

I think our problem at the moment is not knowng. I hate the thought that it may not be benign and we are just doing nothing.

Im feeling better now than I was this afternoon though. Theres nothing we can do at the moment, so im trying not to worry. Riley got spoilt though with a new toy and a few shortbread biscuits! :mad

Edited by wagsalot

:)

Heres hoping Riley will be fine...

Am going through what you are going through at the moment and waiting for the test results to come back...

:laugh:

Hopefully you will get good results.

I think our problem at the moment is not knowng. I hate the thought that it may not be benign and we are just doing nothing.

Im feeling better now than I was this afternoon though. Theres nothing we can do at the moment, so im trying not to worry. Riley got spoilt though with a new toy and a few shortbread biscuits! :D

the waiting is the worst... must admit I have been spoiling mine as well... I cooked him some sausages on the weekend... he thought he was in heaven.

you have done everything that you can do :mad

Wags did the Vet not even do a fine need aspirate?

Fingers crossed it is nothing serious.

No, he said it was too small. He said that if in 2 months it doubles in size, then he can either do a needle biopsy, but as its in a painful area, Riley would have to be heavily sedated, so he said if we got to that stage he'd suggest the other option of just having it cut out.

He said it has the characteristics of being benign, and didn't seem worried about leaving it for 2 months at all.

So now we just wait and see how fast it grows, if it grows anymore at all.

Edited by wagsalot

Its funny, Im handling this better than I expected.

I feel like its all going to be OK. I do get upset every now and again if I think about it too much, but most of the time I feel positive and am just carrying on as normal.

This is a good thing I guess, unless I get let down terribly when it comes time to re assess.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are going back to the vets tomorrow as the lump has grown more already. I'm a bit worried that it's growing so fast so I want the vet to see it again.

How's your boy going cvs?

Edited by wagsalot

Fingers crossed that you can get it sorted and that it's nothing serious! :) Candy had a lump come up recently that looked like a wart...it came up so quickly (overnight) that I was sure it was something sinister and worried myself terribly about it. The vet did a needle aspirate, and it looked like it could possibly be something bad. Had it removed and it turned out to be a benign cutaneous melanoma! Nothing to worry about, thank goodness. Hope you get a diagnosis tomorrow, and a good one!! ;)

Edited by New Age Outlaw

Well we are going back to the vets tomorrow as the lump has grown more already. I'm a bit worried that it's growing so fast so I want the vet to see it again.

How's your boy going cvs?

Goodluck tomorrow. :)

the results came back as benign, so it was a party in the house that night. We just have to keep an eye on him so that no more appear. He will be 9 next month ;)

I have been here

I found a lump on my dogs nose too and it was growing, it turned out to be cancerous so he took him right away to do the needle biopsy, it was his first time under general anesthetic and it was so hard to see that change in my dog but his bounce is back now.

we found no malignant cells in the biopsy.

there was a lot of tears for a while then and we though we were guna lose him soon but we were over reacting a bit..... its a slow cancer we're told so hes fine for now...

We have to go back in a month or 2 to get it removed coz it keeps growing back....i've attached a pic and look at his nose it shows where he has had the biopsy X

FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU xxxxxx BEST OF LUCK AND I PRAY PRAY PRAY FOR YOU , it has worked for me X :)

post-33500-1266752154_thumb.jpg

post-33500-1266752249_thumb.jpg

Edited by Poppyx

The vet didn't think the tumour had got much bigger at all. He said the hair has seperated more which makes it look bigger. I probably pannicked with the ruler too and measured wrong :( He still thinks it looks benign and said its only ontop of the skin, not underneath.

Bad news is I got him to look at another look on Riley's leg (I thought he'd just bumped it), but he said that could be a tumour as well, or a cyst (the same one as mentioned previously in this thread).

So, the vet said both are too small to get anything out of to biopsy at the moment, so to keep to the original plan and go back in April to re assess, unless they grow dramatically.

So back to the waiting game! In the meantime I have a dog running round the house with a toy forgetting he's 9 years old now, not 2! :laugh:

lucky one you are :(

mines like that too...hypo that is..took him to the farm week or so ago and he ran so fast he was tripping over! :laugh:

man i love him ha X

i want to race him against a retired greyhound up in property...lol hes so fast

Hey Wags, Im sure he will be ok :laugh: I found one on Ruger too. It seems the minute they turn 7 they start getting lumpy :laugh:

Yep thats what my vet said.

Just happened Riley gets all his lumps at the same time and 4 weeks before my wedding! (mega stress!!)

My labrador I had as a kid had HEAPS of lumps from about age 7-8 onwards. He was actually rehomed to live with my cousins when my family came to Australia, but apparently they had him at the vet a fair bit. Eventually he did get sick and had to be pts, but that was at about age 13-14 :laugh: Lumps go with the territory with older dogs sometimes. I'm sure Riley will be fine :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

That's good keep an eye on the area to make sure is doesn't grow back. Try to stop stressing and enjoy your wedding.

With my last dog my vet got so used to me walking in with a new lump to be checked out his greeting to me was "More lumps? where is it this time?" he was always happy to check out my old girl she ended up with bone ca. Any lumps I find and am not happy about I am straight to the vet just in case.

Big pats to Riley