Puppy Peeing A Lot!

BooBooBear

Humphrey (10 week golden retriever) has been awake since 5.30am. I've taken him outside to the toilet 4 times already (he's done both number 1's and number 2's) and in between he's had about 7 or 8 little piddle accidents around the house.

This seems a lot to me - do boy puppies get urinary infections too? Could this be a sign?

Help!!

Hi BooBoo: Poor Humphrey (and poor you having to clean up all the accidents!). Sounds like he may have a U.T.I. Probably best to try and collect a specimen and bring him to the vets. This is prime time weather wise for UTI's! Ususally females are more prone to them as they have a shorter urethra which makes bacteria easier to enter the system, but males can certainly get them too.

My 2 foster puppies can pee like there is no tomorrow - mainly smaller ones wherever they may be at the time of need... you don't even want to know how much they can do in their crates overnight... but at least they are now not doing number 2's in there as well... *grin*

My own experience is that puppies can pee a lot more often than adult dogs - and unless it is excessive even for the pup in question (as all can be different), and the pup seems otherwise completely fine, then the watch and wait principle applies...

T.

hahahahaha perfectly happy piddling puppy - ;) :D love it!

So we are back from our Vet visit this morning and he does have a little staf infection (little red sores around the groin) so he has put him on some antibiotics which should clear up the staf and if he has a bladder infection should clear that up too :)

It's certainly not bothering the Humphrey :D