New Website

Dracdog

:thanks: Just rang Dogs Qld (CCCQ) to get some forms sent out and was told that the new website is up & running now. I had a look and it is 1000% better than the old one. The photo comp Idea is a good one might even send a couple in.

For those who want to have a butchers the new site address is www.dogsqueensland.org.au

Thanks for this heads up.

The old website used to have, somewhere, the code of ethics for their breeders. And sections of that were blooming brilliant & I was always pointing pet owners to them. But, in recent times, I couldn't find them.

Fantastic about time. And NO GOOGLE ADS well from what I can see!! But they also need to have more education material up there on tips about finding the right ethical breeder. Lets face it there are a lot of registered breeders who are not doing the right thing. I did express my concerns to Dogs Qld recently wanting them to have more educational material on their website and maybe they should look at paying for banners on sites such as trading posts, and other certain sites (won't mention) where dogs are sold. They need more information on their website educating the public about puppy farmers/pet shops etc. In fact all the State Controlling Bodies need to take this on board. Education I believe is part of the solution in stopping it.

I agree, Russkie.

The best thing is for the CCs, like DogsQld, to provide the information on what the advantages are.....to dog & owner....of getting a purebred from a registered breeder. Advantages that don't come from buying from petshops or over the Net or from dd sources.

But I can't find the code of behaviour & conduct on the new website. There are great sections on that, which show why.

Maybe you should drop Rob a line and maybe its because its still a bit of a work in progress. Our goldie website we have information giving tips on finding the right breeder and we have links to sites such as Say No To Animals in Pet Shops, Prisoners for Profits, Give Pets A Chance. I'm also currently working on a Puppy Farm page as well so whoever comes to our site when looking for puppy can see why it is so important not to buy a dog from a backyard breeder, pet store, puppy farmer etc. I think if possible if more breed clubs could do this the word would spread a bit more.

I agree, Russkie.

The best thing is for the CCs, like DogsQld, to provide the information on what the advantages are.....to dog & owner....of getting a purebred from a registered breeder. Advantages that don't come from buying from petshops or over the Net or from dd sources.

But I can't find the code of behaviour & conduct on the new website. There are great sections on that, which show why.

Ive been having a look the Rule book in under Member info, New Member Info

I agree, Russkie.

Ive been having a look the Rule book in under Member info, New Member Info

Thanks for that. Shall go look.....that is, if a non-Member, pet person can access the Members' Info. :thumbsup:

I don't know, there are a few things I don't like about it.

Like when you click on breeds and I go in to gundogs there are these really hard to see black line drawings of each breed. They would be much better to have a real life picture of a good example of each breed. or at least a bigger version.

I am also not a fan of websites that make you download every little piece of information.

They need to have the old cccq website redirecting to the new one too as I originally just typed the old address in.

I suppose it's a work in progess. I just get picky as I love building websites :thumbsup: