Best Place To Buy Kennels?

DieselWeisel

Hello,

My kelpie x staffy chewed the couch and the coffee table while I was gone today (only gone for an hour after giving her 45mins at the dog park) :D , so I will have to lock her outside when I'm not here (she has a doggy door, but house is outta bounds when we're not home till the chewing stops) the area gets the morning sun, it does have shelter from the overhang on the roof, but not enough. I want to get her a kennel tomorrow and I'm also going to get one of those big plastic shells, so she can get in the water on hot days (she really feels the heat, tries to get in her waterbowl!)

Does anyone know of good (cheap) places around Sydney's North Shore or Northern Beaches? I left her out there this afternoon for 4 hours while I was out and she was fine when I came home, but she really needs a kennel ASAP!

Thanks

How old is your dog?

45 min at the dog park will exercise her muscles but not her mind. Have you considered adding training in each day to tire out her mind as well?

What sort of chewing opportunities does she have - other than your furniture.

Chewing won't just "stop", you need to work out why she is chewing, and work on that issue.

Hope you can find a decent kennel - sorry, can't help in that part of Sydney.

Thanks for the reply, she is about 8 months old, we've had her for about 2 months now, she has an unknown history. She is a lovely dog, we have done private training and we also go to northern suburbs dog training. I practice the training with her several times every day, and she is left with treats, kong, toys etc; she only chews every now and again, she is never left for more than 5 hours, believe me we are doing everything right (well we're trying hard) our only prob is the sporadic house chewing when home alone, I'm not too worried, I think it's just a phase... just need a kennel :D