A Nice Read For Dog Lovers

KismetKat

Have just started reading this for my bookclub. I've SO enjoyed the first chapter I thought I'd share. The basic plot is a woman inherits her Aunt's house and rescue kennels. The aunt had a real knack for matching up dogs with new owners, but the neice doesn't think of herself as a 'dog person'...

Guest belgian.blue

Googled it and sounds really sweet :o

Is it kind of short stories or one big one?

Not the type of book I'd read but still looks interesting.

Googled it and sounds really sweet :rolleyes:

Is it kind of short stories or one big one?

Not the type of book I'd read but still looks interesting.

One big one. The chapters I've read so far have introduced the woman who inherits the kennels, introduced the people who help, introduced the dogs, and then gone on to introduce some of the potential adoptees.

It's an easy read - no heavy-going so far. Just the sort of book that's nice to read a chapter or two in bed before snoozing off.

ETA: I got my copy from the book depository, an online bookshop mentioned in a thread on these forums. It was half the price of bookshops here (free shipping) and I got it within 10 days.

Edited by KismetKat

Just the sort of book that's nice to read a chapter or two in bed before snoozing off.

ETA: I got my copy from the book depository, an online bookshop mentioned in a thread on these forums. It was half the price of bookshops here (free shipping) and I got it within 10 days.

that's exactly what I want - and exactly where I ordered from :rolleyes:

Have just started reading this for my bookclub. I've SO enjoyed the first chapter I thought I'd share. The basic plot is a woman inherits her Aunt's house and rescue kennels. The aunt had a real knack for matching up dogs with new owners, but the neice doesn't think of herself as a 'dog person'...

Sounds really interesting..Thanks for the info :rolleyes:

Just the sort of book that's nice to read a chapter or two in bed before snoozing off.

that's exactly what I want - and exactly where I ordered from :)

Thanks for mentioning the book and the book depository I just ordered a copy.

that's exactly what I want - and exactly where I ordered from :)

Thanks for mentioning the book and the book depository I just ordered a copy.

Me too! I also ordered this book and a couple of other books I had been meaning to get and the free shipping was an added bonus.

Can not wait until they arrive :)

Edited by Kody's_Mum

I was trying to limit myself to a chapter a night in bed - but I had a quiet Sunday (too hot for dog school) and...

Anyway - what a surprise at the end! I think the author is a DOLer as there are a couple of pages of "interview" at the end where she makes much of pedigree dogs, choosing a breeder and also supporting rescue. :laugh: