Two Walks A Day ?

mrs tornsocks

Hi, do people think I should still take it easy on my lab's joints etc by limiting his walks ?

He has about 30-40 minutes a day, usually early in the morning, and usually to a park or beach where he runs off lead for a while.

I think he would LOVE another walk because he just loves the sights sounds and smells, although if he's at home, he'll mostly lounge about during the day (ie not too flighty)

I would think that a stroll where the dog has sniffing time wouldn't hurt his joint development.

Mine, they are adults, have a bit of a routine with our walks. We go through a park early in the walk where they have the full length of the lead to sniff around. This is quite a slow process. When we leave the park it is our serious walk.

When Maddy was a pup/young we would go to this park a few times a day for a sniff and to see all the people and dogs walking through. She loved this.

I do two walks a day for a 9 month old golden. Morning walk is a bit more full on but afternoon walk is a VERY slow stroll. I think it is more beneficial to get her out and about and for her to escape the four walls of our house than any potential joint damage. :laugh:

we wont walk the rotties at all until over 12 months, they still get all the exercise they need from playing. But we have found a good way to take them out and about is driving them in the car to the park or beach then staying for a half hour or so and driving home again. Maybe you could do this for your second time out in the day?