Do You Feel Like..

smisch

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of stupid, the other day my BIL told me that Darcy is obviously not pure-bred because pure bred dogs don't have pigment on their lips (or something like that.) However, since Darcy is 'papered', he would be very interested in a bitch puppy with papers when (not if) I breed Darcy, because he would be able to cross it with one of his mutts and sell the puppies for thousands because they will have a pedigree...Um yeah sure.

Hmmm, are you sure you dont share a BIL with my hubby?

Wise comments from BIL so far include:

"Break the dogs spirit first. That way they are easy to train"

"The best way to exercise your dog is to take it out bush, throw it off the back of the ute and drive off. That way it will exercise itself when it tries to chase after you." and to teach it to swim? - "Throw it off the boat and let it work out how to swim back to shore."

"Papered dogs are a waste of money when you can buy a purebred for half the price without them from the trading post"

"The best way to toilet train your puppy is to tie him to his kennel. That way he will learn that this is where he has to sleep AND shit. Otherwise you can take him for a walk at the same time everyday and make him go then. That way you wont have to pick it up."

And the latest one, given to my MIL after their dog had escaped from it's eternal tie out and wandered a over to her house (about 2km's away)-

"If he shows up at your place again just belt the crap out of him, that way he wont do it again."

Luckily MIL has the sense not to and just calls my SIL to come and pick the dog up.

Oh, and the one that upset me the most (even though it is not the worst by any means):

"It's only a dog. It's not worth shit - NOTHING!"

Hmmm, lovely :)

Speaking of stupid, the other day my BIL told me that Darcy is obviously not pure-bred because pure bred dogs don't have pigment on their lips (or something like that.) However, since Darcy is 'papered', he would be very interested in a bitch puppy with papers when (not if) I breed Darcy, because he would be able to cross it with one of his mutts and sell the puppies for thousands because they will have a pedigree...Um yeah sure.

Hmmm, are you sure you dont share a BIL with my hubby?

Wise comments from BIL so far include:

"Break the dogs spirit first. That way they are easy to train"

"The best way to exercise your dog is to take it out bush, throw it off the back of the ute and drive off. That way it will exercise itself when it tries to chase after you." and to teach it to swim? - "Throw it off the boat and let it work out how to swim back to shore."

"Papered dogs are a waste of money when you can buy a purebred for half the price without them from the trading post"

"The best way to toilet train your puppy is to tie him to his kennel. That way he will learn that this is where he has to sleep AND shit. Otherwise you can take him for a walk at the same time everyday and make him go then. That way you wont have to pick it up."

And the latest one, given to my MIL after their dog had escaped from it's eternal tie out and wandered a over to her house (about 2km's away)-

"If he shows up at your place again just belt the crap out of him, that way he wont do it again."

Luckily MIL has the sense not to and just calls my SIL to come and pick the dog up.

Oh, and the one that upset me the most (even though it is not the worst by any means):

"It's only a dog. It's not worth shit - NOTHING!"

Hmmm, lovely :eek:

This "BIL" sounds like an absolute charmer...shame I'm married....

That is disgusting... what a horrible BIL.

With a male and a bitch Miniature Schnauzer, I can't remember how many times we've been asked if we plan on breeding them.

The usual reply - no they are desexed because we can't afford the costs involved with breeding and caring for a litter and breeding is time consuming and a lot of effort.

It's amazing how many people think that breeding dogs is a hugely profitable business that anyone with a dog can do :thumbsup:

Bang! Bang!

I know exactly how you feel. A lady I know recently told me she couldn't cut her dogs nails because he had his dew claws removed when he was a baby so now he hates it! She then proceeded to tell me that she had to go to the vet to get them clipped while she went to get his medication. I asked for what?

'For his prostate. He has cancer.'

'Oh. Is he not sterilized?'

'No.'

'Why don't you get him sterilized?'

'I've heard people say that their male dogs get depressed after they get sterilized. I don't want him to get depressed.'

I couldn't help it, I cracked up laughing at her. I said 'What would you prefer him to have? Depression or Cancer???

OMG!

I've had 2 lots of people in the last 10 days tell me they had to get rid of their pup or dogs because they kept pooping in the house. Grrrr

I can get over idiot dog owners that I meet while dog walking - like a local bloke who takes 3 DA dogs off lead in a park near me. Actually he had a fourth younger dog but one of his other dogs killed it. But he says they are "dog-friendly" most of the time?

But I don't seem to get workmates on the same wavelenght as me.

Had a workmate who had cattle dog chained up 24 hr in the middle of a 20 metre patch of dirt. Comes from a farming background - her grandfather's dog chewed up his shoe once so he fixed it by using pliers to pull out some of the dogs teeth.

Workmate lives with her sister whose bitch wasn't desex-ed so it had 3 pups. She didn't want them to be sad so they kept all four. They are older now but she asks me at work what to do as the dogs are fighting. They are never walked/taken out and one male is not desexed. Now the mum is barking as the other dogs won't let her inside to sleep.

Workmate who lives at home with parents. They have 3 BC and BC crosses she says are happy enough playing in the back yard. Sadly her dog died recently so they got another pup from the guy breeding BC's next door. Now they are talking about breeding the new pup to get a black and white BC for herself. She is looking at buying a unit or townhouse in the city with her partner who has a maltese x . She dislikes swf dogs so if it is coming so is hers.

Workmate who was a bit of a animal lover too but she thought it was fine when BF came to their rented unit with a pig hunting dog for breeding purposes. The dog lived on the back of the open tray ute at her place for a little while. And I mean it lived there 24 hr. She complained cause he didn't let it off to toilet enough so she had too. She boasted the dog could go all day all night and still didn't toilet in the tray. Lucky I wasn't her neighbour.

And on a lighter note a workmate who is convinced her GSD is nearly human and so clever he can understand 2 languages. When she was going to punish him he hid behind the shed cause he "knew" he did the wrong thing leaving a poo under the table. She also told me her husband mistakenly locked him in so I suggested that was a bit hard. But he is walked and fairly spoilt normally- maybe cause he is human :) .

I hate it as I am always made to look like my dogs are spoilt and I am over the top. ( They are spoilt :rolleyes: )

I try and steer talk away from dogs now but it is a pain. Sometimes I just tell them not to tell me about breeding pups or what ever as I feel differently and that is my opinion.

Anyway, I just wanted to winge. I don't seem to relate at work with human behaviour sometimes.

Edited by skip