Bizzare Behaviour

He was able to eat dinner tonight in the kitchen.

I had him heel in and when he sat he looked around and realised were he was.

Good work! Heeling is also good, I think anything that gets them thinking rather than just responding to their emotions is helpful. Fingers crossed it was just something in his environment and he'll get over it, that is the most likely explanation.

That's good to hear.

OH pointed out that there was a very small earthquake with its epicentre in Yass this week. Think he could have felt that at your place? Bit of a longshot, but you never know.

Maybe, he did, hard to say. If anyone would be upset by that it would be Misty, poor dear is a sensitive soul

Edited by Wolfsong

Had you sprayed the house/kitchen before he had his dinner when he had the initial reaction? I'd still be observing his behaviour for a while just in case there's some other trigger(s). The flyspray must've offended his sensitive nose! :thumbsup: Some of them are pretty potent to us so I imagine they're awful for dogs.

ETA: (fs) and to add: I do know of a dog who went off his nut barking when his owners sprayed - they tried to tell me he was protecting them from it because he knew it was bad. Oh dear lord!

Edited by Jigsaw

Had you sprayed the house/kitchen before he had his dinner when he had the initial reaction? I'd still be observing his behaviour for a while just in case there's some other trigger(s). The flyspray must've offended his sensitive nose! :o Some of them are pretty potent to us so I imagine they're awful for dogs.

ETA: (fs) and to add: I do know of a dog who went off his nut barking when his owners sprayed - they tried to tell me he was protecting them from it because he knew it was bad. Oh dear lord!

It wasn't just before dinner, it was quite awhile, I will be keeping an eye on him though.

I think its the smell rather then the sound.

It's a new kind of spray we have tried, he never reacted to it before so this one will be going in the bin.

Poor baby, I feel kind of bad about doing this to him :thumbsup:

Ah well, lesson learned.

Edited by Wolfsong

poor misty!

just noticed this WS, how have things been over the weekend? thank-goodness it seems to be a minor problem

Dakota's always been a little skittish over the silliest things, and she leaves a room shaking her head and blowing her nose, whenever I spray Glen 20 or similar. It's definitely the smell that bothers her and not the sound.

Glad to hear you have the problem sorted Wolfsong.

Did a google, and found that, yes, there are recognised phobias to do with fear of kitchens!

Mageirocophobia - fear of cooking

fear of foreign kitchens - kitchenobiaitos du le foreignia

Edited by BittyMooPeeb