Ruby The Foxie

nell.m

Hey everyone!

Introducing Ruby!

She's a fox terrier that came into my life late last year. It was after a very traumatic time when I lost my old fox terrier, Jasper, to cancer.

Ruby has made me smile and laugh again! She's a very happy little girl and I'm so thankful to have her in my life :laugh:

082.jpg

ruby_email4.jpg

Edited by nell.m

She is very sweet and affectionate, and very active! Like most puppies really! Really good with other dogs and young children too.

My previous fox terrier was a real macho hunter though, a typical foxie...Ruby seems to be the opposite so far!

:laugh: Congratulations nell.m, Ruby is gorgeous. Fox Terriers would have to be one of my favourite Terrier breeds, such funny clowns.

Guest RosieFT

hello there fellow foxie owner :-)

we have a smooth foxie (Rosie) who is fantastic with dogs, our kids - great all round family dog.....

.. but.. what is Ruby like with water??? moving water from a hose?? :-)

great dogs aren't they?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww I love the Smooth Fox Terriers! She's beautiful!

I'm really sorry to hear about Jasper, I remember your threads about him. Happy to hear you have Ruby to help heal your heart, sounds like she's doing a great job!

Guest RosieFT

hee hee YEP! Every SFT we meet (and that has only been a handful), has the same obsession! I think the moving water is the ultimate prey that can never be caught, but they will keep on trying LOL. We have given up on using hoses, and now hand water with buckets and now THEY are super exciting too. In fact, even empyting and refilling her water bowl is *THE* event of the day. Have to admit, it can drive me a *tad* batty! LOL

But we love her to pieces and she is such a clown - they really do make you smile don't they? Great dogs.

Oh, also RosieFT, Ruby is obsessed with brooms and mops. I cannot sweep the floor if she's nearby because she goes nuts! Is Rosie the same with brooms, mops etc? They are crazy crazy dogs but life would be so dull without them!

Guest RosieFT

hee hee - yep brooms!! If she gets the chance to get hold of the outside brooms, i find them at the top of the garden after she has had a wonderful playing with the "fox" in hiding. She used to drive me batty when i tried to sweep or vaccuum, but i solved it by playing with her with a toy at the same time - ah yes, took me 3 times as long to get anything done and she just HAD to drop the toy in the dust pile, but now she is pretty relaxed about them. She will still bring me a toy though, sometimes i play along sometimes i don't. ;-) .

I have a spray bottle of water that i use to put my daughter's hair up with in the mornings, and she will come running if she hears anything that gives the game away. Even the certain squeak my daughter utters when i catch a knot, will have Rosie running from wherever she is as she knows I am 'going hair'. LOL

oh, and fly spray - ughh GREAT when you are trying to locate the fly by trying to listen for buzzing and all you can hear is the boinging crazy foxie right next to you trying to get hte spray can in your hand.....

LOL

Can i ask wher eyou guys got your puppies from you can pm me if you would rather, i have always had foxies, but am without at the moment, but in the process of acuiring one for show. Gotta love a foxie.

Heres my boy Matey being loved by a 3 yr old.

post-12989-1267236686_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jibba

Guest RosieFT

There is only one breeder in Perth (that I am aware of!) , Shirley Friday from Mirolinda Kennels. She is on DOL breeders but has no website or anything. All the dogs I have met in Perth have been one of hers (only 3 others!) and they all have been outgoing, friendly dogs.

But Perth is probably a bit far for you :-)

your Matey looks like a patient (and very cute) soul! LOL

I got my girl from an amatuer breeder in Gympie, QLD. I found them from another breeder in the same area. There aren't many, but they are out there, you just need to do a bit of research.