Must Haves For Newbies

littlehoot

I think in the past 18 months I have accumulated everything from a Gazebo, chairs, trolley and floor matting to silver mesh etc. etc. etc.

Back in the 1980's when I showed my Schipperke all I had was

Dog

Lead

Bag with brush, water and bowel and towel

Me (dress very casually!)

Now it seems to be all out.

What changed????

And you spent Sunday under two other persons gazebos. :laugh::):rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are for your first show be minimal.

Chair

Dog A must :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::)

Crate.

Lead

poo bags $dollar shop 100 baby nappy bags for $2.00 (scented also bonus)

Water bowl

Being pug you do not have to be there at the crack of dawn unlike C for Cav. :eek:

Will the breeder be there???

Which show is it??

:laugh::) oii you have not answered my questions.

Maybe you can share with us.???

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

I was wondering what you all considered as must haves when starting to show. I have a month before my first show and I would love to know what others must haves are.

TIA

As we have been showing now for about a year, we have very quickly come to realise that it may not be the cheapest hobby around :rofl::rofl::)

Since starting showing we have purchased.

Oztrek 2.4 x 2.4m Gazebo (very good brand but definately very pricey) will have to purchase another soon as we are quickly growing out of this 1.

So one for us & one for the dogs, lol.

2 lots for solid walls for Gazebo (also pricey)

Silver Mesh Wall

2 dog trolleys

1 Soft Crate, 2 wire crates.

2 Chairs

1 mat

1 crate cover

1 bag to hold accessories

a few pots of white chalk

coat shine

portable shaver to clip dogs whiskers

leads (usually we forget a lead so it's off to Don for another)

perfumes

water bowls

number holders

brushes

heaps of dog mats, & the list goes on.

Now bear in mind, we have accumulated this across the year & everytime we go to a show we always seem to come back with something new :eek::rofl::rofl:

But for yourself & it being your first time, all u need is shade maybe a huge umbrella or gazebo (shop around)

a crate or trolley for your dog

a chair for urself,

bag to hold all ur bits in pieces in lead & arm band or pin to hold ur number,

make sure you have iced water, or maybe grab a bag of ice to put in with water for ur dog as it can get very hot at shows.

A dry towel,

very smart attire for urself with comfortable shoes.

Biggest must have of all is knowing that regardless of the outcome ur dog is a WINNER :laugh::):rofl:

I think in the past 18 months I have accumulated everything from a Gazebo, chairs, trolley and floor matting to silver mesh etc. etc. etc.

Back in the 1980's when I showed my Schipperke all I had was

Dog

Lead

Bag with brush, water and bowel and towel

Me (dress very casually!)

Now it seems to be all out.

What changed????

And you spent Sunday under two other persons gazebos. :( ;) :o :o :(

Yeah, cos the Gazebos were bought for the dogs!!! :D :D

PLUS The company is top class! :)

Edited by LizT

OMG you all forgot the numero UNO number 1 thing on the list!

BOTTLE OF WINE!

then...

comfy chair, sunscreen, sunglasses, umbrellas, dog crate, dog grooming bags, dog trolley, table to put the crap that everyone INSISTS on leaving on MY trolley, the wind break for the dog on the trolley (and hides the dog from the judge if i happen to get a spot ring side), umbrella stake, mat, tarps, coffee, cups, money, cell phone, camera, gazebo but we dont have one, dont miss not having one, seeing as we go through so many a year with the dam weather, tent pegs, map, numbers, etc etc

but the bottle of wine..

OH

and a watch

I think everyone has cover it!

I have been showing my whole life, so I do have everything (always seem to buy more), but in saying that the Main things I must pack is WATER!!! a bowl, dog treats, I do take my trolley but main reason is for grooming so a table is fine, a brush, comb and my gazebo. Everything else is nice but not vital. I take a chair every week and think I sit in it maybe 4 times a year hehe it is always good to have one though

If you can try and get to a couple of shows before you start officially showing. Walk around meet people, get ideas... that way it wouldn't be so stressful when you start, and if you do forget something you need you will have someone to ask :)

Best of Luck