Sprained Hind Leg - Treatment ?

Tried to do a search to see if there were any helpful topics but can't find any specific

My ACD , active and ball mad looks like she has sprained her hind left leg , it got better with rest over two days , but today I noticed a slight limp again.

Vet initially told me to keep her quiet for 2 days and no walking playing etc which seemed to work ok.

Now I'm concerned it still isn't better , could it be worse then a sprain ? How long does a sprain take to get better ?

( I have no idea how she did it as it occurred after a normal gentle walk and being indoors , there was nothing to suggest she injured herself doing anything I saw her doing etc)

I'm a bit reluctant to go back to the vet today as she wasn't too concerned and hubby thinks I'm over reacting :)

Can you see bruising? It might be a torn gracillis, if so you will see bruising up in her groin. Greyhounds vets are good to consult for soft tissue injuries.

Here's what Pennys looked like

105-0501_IMG.jpg

105-0502_IMG.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

Thanks for that Kirislin , I meant to come back but couldn't find the post

She didn't have bruising but I do suspect that is whereabouts the injury is , it's not her ligaments or joints thank goodness.

After keeping her confined to a small room and only toilet trips for 3 days were finally seeing some improvement . Poor baby must be so bored as she plays a lot and her ball has been confiscated :cheer: