Arrrgggggggggg Bloody People.

gillybob

I have just been walking my dogs and came across a young Great Dane roaming the street.

He had followed a women to the park.

And then followed me home.

I know were he lives I peddled up there, its a party house, so proberly wont miss the dog untill next week.

Knocked on the door but no answer.

They have three other danes in a very small yard that they share with 4 cars.

The ranger doesnt work on weekends, unless its cattle on the road or dog attack.

So this poor boy is roaming the street.

He is entire so someone will pick him up.

I cant keep him here.

People suck sometimes.

He was friendly enough its, just that my JRTs arnt that fond of anyone bigger being in their yard.

Would be a future pigging dog breeder.

I told my neighbour he is a pigger and I thought he might know them.

He has a cage he can put him in untill the owner is found.

While I would be concerned about this dog roaming the street, if I could not take it immediately to a shelter I would not pick it up. Why put your own dogs at risk from a strange dog, you don't know if it is carrying disease or how stable it is around other dogs and people. If you pick it up there is no guarentee a shelter in your area has room for it especially being a large dog and then you are faced with having to hold onto it yourself or turn it loose back into the street.

I use to always be picking up strays but not any more, my pets are too important to me to put them at risk and I have beeen faced with not being able to find a shelter to take a stray. I'll check a dog for tags in the hope of being able to contact an owner, I'll knock on doors in the area or if available I'll call a ranger but none will come home with me. It is hard to leave them but my own come first.

I guess the only exception to this would be in a situation where the dog was at an immediate risk to itself or people ie on a busy roadway, I think I would have to pick it up but I wouldn't be happy about doing it.

I wouldnt have such a large entire dog in my yard.

For most of the reason that have been stated.

I few months ago I had a pair of retrievers in the front yard untill the ranger came.

They were ok.

We really dont have any services on the weekend up here.