What To Do About Mr Bucket Head?

Hi Sheridan, poor Mr Grumpy, hope he's out of his shackles today.

Have you seen those other type of elizabethan buckets available? They look like donuts and I think they are a blow up. By the looks of them, far more comfortable than these hard plastic things plus the dog can use it like a pillow, well sort of...:laugh: when sleeping.

Not describing it too well but I'm looking at getting one for future use.

Just a thought, these standard buckets are pretty bad.

When Jet had his on I made a small area outside cut off from the rest of the yard with shelter and his water and toys and he was fine in there. However he was a clever boy and I came home one day to find he had figured out how to take the collar off! :laugh:

Glad to hear he's better. It must have been pretty anoying for him.

These collars are called Elizabethan ProCollar Inflatable or just ProCollars.

Found some on www.petsplus.com.au and they come in various sizes. My dog has a 17 inch neck and needs the large. Not cheap, $69.00 for that size.

One of my local pet suppliers has them at the same price, I'll be going in tomorrow to pick one up.

I must be getting old and grumpy (Mrs Grumpy :rainbowbridge:) but doesn't everything seem to cost a bomb these days?

Picked up the ProCollar today. Without a doubt it is infinately better than the hard plastic bucket thing. Just my luck if I leave it lying about one of the dogs will sink their teeth into it!

Mr Grumpy sounds like a live wire! At 14, he should be sitting in the lounge doing the cross word, not running around like a maniac!

Well, I did it. Went and got another Wheaten. Total rocks in my head. They are running a muck. Play time is between midnight and 2am.

Edited by wire

Picked up the ProCollar today. Without a doubt it is infinately better than the hard plastic bucket thing. Just my luck if I leave it lying about one of the dogs will sink their teeth into it!

Mr Grumpy sounds like a live wire! At 14, he should be sitting in the lounge doing the cross word, not running around like a maniac!

Just think of what you have to look forward to.

Well, I did it. Went and got another Wheaten. Total rocks in my head. They are running a muck. Play time is between midnight and 2am.

Oh goodness, you have two of them now? Another pup from Lynden?

Yep, two Wheatens. :( They are full brothers, Wally comes from a litter of 6, him being the only boy. He's very smart and quite fearless. He's also extremely lucky that big brother is letting him get away with murder!

Suddenly the house is dirtier, the poop has trippled, my bed is smaller, the food bill has exploded and I have been driven to :rolleyes: :o

By the way, I needed to use the ProCollar on Murphy the other day and it went extremely well. He didn't freak out, had full vision and was able to sleep on his back all night. I let some air out before he slept to make it more comfy.

Highly recommend them. Very expensive to buy but they are miles ahead from that other bucket.

PS: Lots of cuddles from my two boys makes me forgive them. I just love picking him up whilst he's still small ;)