Kibble Recommendations?

Jetty

The change in the UA is purely labelling - apparently they are now listing the actual protein levels instead of the minimum levels. Our dogs are going nuts over it. I've mixed it with a lower protein food for the pups, and I caught one of them picking out the UA first. :thumbsup:

I am going to try Great Barko for the younger dogs when this lot is gone, as it is lower in protein & fat.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The change in the UA is purely labelling - apparently they are now listing the actual protein levels instead of the minimum levels. Our dogs are going nuts over it. I've mixed it with a lower protein food for the pups, and I caught one of them picking out the UA first. ;)

I am going to try Great Barko for the younger dogs when this lot is gone, as it is lower in protein & fat.

Well almost through the first bag of UA's shared between 4 dogs and i am very happy with it. I don't feed the recommended amount on the bag as I add a variety of raw with it. Interesting about Great Barko though, as I don't feed my pups UA, because I prefer to use a puppy formula based dry for them.

Dogs look good though, and they love the UA's although my labs pretty much love anything. The 'Output' from them is good as well, not huge amounts as it was on Bonnie and not as messy! So I am very happy so far!

I'll be interested to hear what others think of the UA once their dogs have been on it a while

Only 3 days here, but I have 3 very Itchy dogs and one who's developed quite a large nasty hot spot on her face ;)

Looks like It's back to Dog Pro for my guys, with almost 20kgs of U/A now wasted

For anyone who may be Interested and like me have a notorious poo eater :o

she has actually stopped since being fed the Dog Pro and also on the U/A

Before they were fed Bonnie, and she would be eating everyone's poo even when fed the expensive stuff Pro Plan, I only found this out by pure chance as they were out of Bonnie so had to get something else, and I was pleasantly surprised that she had stopped the awful habit.

I'll be interested to hear what others think of the UA once their dogs have been on it a while

Only 3 days here, but I have 3 very Itchy dogs and one who's developed quite a large nasty hot spot on her face :laugh:

Looks like It's back to Dog Pro for my guys, with almost 20kgs of U/A now wasted

Remember that U/A is higher in fat and protein than Great Barko, that could possibly be part of the issue as well.

I have the opposite problem. A dog which itches on everything BUT U/A or G/B.

Only 3 days here, but I have 3 very Itchy dogs and one who's developed quite a large nasty hot spot on her face :(

Remember that U/A is higher in fat and protein than Great Barko, that could possibly be part of the issue as well.

I don't think It's so much the amount as the Dog Pro Is also high In protein, but more the source of protein that may be making them Itch

After reading the supercoat thread I have decided to change the dry food I feed the dogs. I was just wanting to know if anyone had any recommendations.

Jet has been scratching lately and I do actually feel that it must be his supercoat. I have gone down other avenues and this is the conclusion I have come to. Jessie on the other hand is a picky eater and at 9 years old, she will probably do better on a 'senior' dry food.

They will usually get some chicken necks or something similar in there diet as well daily.

Can anyone help? Preferably not a brand that will put a hole in my pocket. I usually buy dry food from City Farmers. Jet has previously been on Advanced but I was not happy with that either.

Have just switched my doggies to UA. I had them on Coprice family dog, although 2 of my dogs were doing good on it my big boy just didn't look the same as before.

Although stupid me never factored into account that going from a Premium kibble to a budget concious (spellchek) one was gonna be a huge change to there bodies.

Anyway so I thought I'd give UA ago & see what all the hype is about, Hubby was a bit put off by the shape of UA & was like WTF :(:rofl::laugh: my doggies seem to like it although there were a few upset tummies, probably from the change to the kibble again :rofl::rofl::rofl: .

A bit early to give my diagnosis of the brand, but if there eating it & it's not coming back up or out the bottom to frequently then it's a good start.

Only 3 days here, but I have 3 very Itchy dogs and one who's developed quite a large nasty hot spot on her face :)

I don't think It's so much the amount as the Dog Pro Is also high In protein, but more the source of protein that may be making them Itch

Could be anything. But I have to say that U/A and G/B are the only thing that don't make my bitch scratch herself stupid. Personally I think it is the amount of oil in it. It was quite offputting initially to see the oily spots inside the bag.

But, I repeat my mantra. You feed what your dogs do best on and what suits your pocket the best. Personally, I like what U/A and G/B does for most of my dogs and others who have seen them are quite amazed.

BUT I also add other things to their diet, they aren't fed on a sole dry food diet. I estimate that dry food would only make up around 1/4 of their diet, if that.

After reading the supercoat thread I have decided to change the dry food I feed the dogs. I was just wanting to know if anyone had any recommendations.

Jet has been scratching lately and I do actually feel that it must be his supercoat. I have gone down other avenues and this is the conclusion I have come to. Jessie on the other hand is a picky eater and at 9 years old, she will probably do better on a 'senior' dry food.

They will usually get some chicken necks or something similar in there diet as well daily.

Can anyone help? Preferably not a brand that will put a hole in my pocket. I usually buy dry food from City Farmers. Jet has previously been on Advanced but I was not happy with that either.

Have just switched my doggies to UA. I had them on Coprice family dog, although 2 of my dogs were doing good on it my big boy just didn't look the same as before.

Although stupid me never factored into account that going from a Premium kibble to a budget concious (spellchek) one was gonna be a huge change to there bodies.

Anyway so I thought I'd give UA ago & see what all the hype is about, Hubby was a bit put off by the shape of UA & was like WTF :thumbsup::cry::champagne: my doggies seem to like it although there were a few upset tummies, probably from the change to the kibble again :mad:mad:mad .

A bit early to give my diagnosis of the brand, but if there eating it & it's not coming back up or out the bottom to frequently then it's a good start.

UPDATE, have taken dogs off U/A due to extreme vomitting. Had them on it for 3-4days & all vomitted within 1-2hrs after eating.

It was not there sole diet & i did make the change gradually but it just didn't sit right with any of them. Neva mind at least we tried it & now know it's not for us.

Am gonna go back to the Coprice working dog as it has more fat in it then the family dog & they all did like the Coprice, was just me who wanted to follow the hype & give U/A ago :thumbsup::thumbsup::3monkeys: