Why Does My Dog Hate His Back Being Scratched

Bevo

Turkish my great dane has a great nature and loves being around people, I can play with him and rub his belly and all that but as soon as I scratch his back ie. dig the nails in along the spine, not hard though, he runs off and is very stand offish for a while. After doing it he wont let me near him, if I sit next to him he will move away, so if I put him out side for five or so minutes he is fine. He is the same when I try to use a brush on him.

Anyone have any idea's why he doesn't like it or what I can do to make it enjoyable to brush hime. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

skin issues?

I don't think he has any skin issues, I've been feeding him on Euk and he has a nice shinny coat and his ears and everything look fine, I will be taking him to the vet next week so I will bring it up then. Maybe he just doesn't like the feeling, not sure....

He also hates having a bath so I wonder if it is linked to not liking the feeling of being scratched??

Other than that he is an awesome dog, loves kids and other dogs.

He also hates having a bath so I wonder if it is linked to not liking the feeling of being scratched??

I've yet to meet a dog that thought being bathed was a good thing. :thumbsup:

I've yet to meet a dog that thought being bathed was a good thing. :thumbsup:

haha true, he doesn't even like water that much.

I've yet to meet a dog that thought being bathed was a good thing. :rofl:

Hehehe, come to Darwin and meet mine. I'm lucky if I get to have a shower alone :rofl: . A bath here consists of the hose and dog shampoo, both love it :thumbsup:

I have Danes and they love their backs being scratched. Bevo, maybe get him checked out by a chiropractor?

ETA: pop into the Dane thread, someone may have had the same issue??

Edited by itsmeg