Vet Bed/dry Bed..which One?

Labkisses

Hi everyone

We have confirmed puppies on the way!! :) This is our first litter and we're getting our all our supplies ready.

We're interested in the vet bed or dry bed..but cant decide which is better or the real difference? Does anyone know?? Also is it better to get the rubber backed ones and if they are easily washable in a 7.5kg front loader?

Also, where is the best place to purchase from?

Thanks in advance!

I recently bought some from here http://www.peperonepetsupplies.com/ Great service and price ;)

The litter I have is 2 weeks old and this is the first litter I've used vet bed for, so I bought some pieces of rubber backed and some of green backed - but as yet haven't formed an opinion either way as to if one is better than the other. I'm sure other breeders will have better replies for you

I have a 6kg front loader washer, and I can't fit our whelping box sized pieces (1.2 x 1.35m) in it :) Its quite stiff and bulky.

I recently bought some from here http://www.peperonepetsupplies.com/ Great service and price ;)

The litter I have is 2 weeks old and this is the first litter I've used vet bed for, so I bought some pieces of rubber backed and some of green backed - but as yet haven't formed an opinion either way as to if one is better than the other. I'm sure other breeders will have better replies for you

I have a 6kg front loader washer, and I can't fit our whelping box sized pieces (1.2 x 1.35m) in it :) Its quite stiff and bulky.

Yes, great place to get your supplies from - I also got my vet beds from there and it has been much used. I cut mine in half - which makes it easily washable. I use the green back in the whelping box when they are little and then, when they are getting around more, I use the rubber back. The reason I use the rubber back is because I have polished cork floors and the green back slips around. The green back dries faster and is easier when there is still a fair bit of washing to be done. By the timeI have them out on the rubber back they are toileting in their papered 'toilet' spot.

Good luck with the pups.

Rubber back dries fast if you have it rubber side up.

Both are great, just cut to size to fit in your washer, you should be able to sqeeze in a full piece to your washer but it won't leave much room for the soapy water to move around.

Yep I got mine from that seller and very happy with it and the service and price :( I prefer the non rubber backed for the whelping box cause you can wash it in hot water. If you can fit something in the front loader you can wash it - shouldn't have a problem.

I bought mine from Peperone too, wonderful service :)

I've used the green backed VetBed and now the rubber backed as well and I like both...I've also used the cheaper DryBed as well with no problems but with the current price of VetBed ($30 per meter) you'd be crazy to go past it!

Thanks everyone :)

Because I thought they were pretty cheap and I wanted to get a couple of them anyway, I've ordered both the rubber back and green backed vet beds from pepperone :thumbsup: Cant wait to get them now and put them in the whelping box!